PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendations for a stock for short action DBM build

KTP
12-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Guys I love the HS Precision Pro-Series 2000 stock for my 260 DBM light varmint rig. I wish HS made the same stock for a sporter contour barrel. I'm putting together another rig with savage DBM and sporter contour and need a stock. Any ideas on a stock similar to the HS 2000 that would take a sporter barrel and be set up for DBM?

SlimySquirrel
12-28-2013, 01:24 AM
Whats your price range?

Manners do a nice hunting stock but they are costly...

Stockade do a very similar stock to the HS 2000 (Woodchuck) and it can be custom made to fit your barrel.

KTP
12-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Kevin builds a great stock I have a couple of his. I sent him a question the other day about building a sporter for me.
Thanks squirrel.

SlimySquirrel
12-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Hey no dramas,

I would have a few of his if I lived over there too!

dfrosch
12-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Built a 243 sporter a couple months ago. Was looking for a quality synthetic or laminate that would accept my DBM. Someone steered me to Numrich. After a couple hours of searching, I found this one:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1365550.htm

It's not a synthetic, but it's appealing at about half the price of a Stockade or SSS.

Good luck,
Dana

jpdown
12-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Get you another HS 2000. Tape the sporter barrel with several rounds of blue painter tape. Apply release agent. Fill the oversized barrel channel with Delvcon Plastic Steel Epoxy or similar bedding agent. Let harden. Sand, prime and paint to match stock. The sporter barrel is free floated and the barrel channel is now contoured to the barrel.

At least it worked for a Stockade Hunter stock I like very much I had opened the channel up to accept a varmint barrel contour several years back and I wanted to go back to a sporter contour.