PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Just Bought a BMag Need Advice

BradyLWO
12-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Hi guys first post. Just bought a bmag and like the rest of you think the stock is crap. Mine is not centered nor is it free floated. Have you guys pulled the stocks off and ground down the high spots on the stock? I can get a dollar bill about 3" down mine and thats it. I shot a few shots today and have it close at 50 yds but i figured no sense in really zeroing it in til the gun is right since ammo is hard to find...only found one box of 20gr so far. Just looking for some advice before i get the dremel out. Thanks alot.

gsperaz
12-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Use a deep well socket wrapped with sand paper. Find one that fits in the stocks barrel channel and sand evenly until it floats free.

BradyLWO
12-25-2013, 10:16 PM
After giving this more thought i think im going to completly bed the action. Ive never done my own bedding job and this is the perfect rifle to do my first one on. That will do my well until a good stock comes out....unless i ruin the action lol.

Birdieshooter
12-26-2013, 12:20 PM
After giving this more thought i think im going to completly bed the action. Ive never done my own bedding job and this is the perfect rifle to do my first one on. That will do my well until a good stock comes out....unless i ruin the action lol.

What are your thoughts on bedding? I'm kinda struggling with what to do around the silly little front magazine clip and how to stiffen the sidewalls along the mag well.

BradyLWO
12-26-2013, 01:14 PM
I havent torn it apart yet to look at the design. I hope to get time this wknd.

Oregonboy
12-31-2013, 02:34 PM
Hi all,
Still haven't got to shoot mine yet, but I've looked at the bedding situation and after reading on here and other places, not much to be done. What I did do was grind out the entire barrel channel all the way back to the face of the action about 3/4" wide so that any pressure on the forearm cannot contact the barrel. It's pretty wide but wtf, it's ugly anyway. I'll shoot it soon I hope ???

gsperaz
12-31-2013, 08:05 PM
I was able to glass bed (JB weld) about 1.5" from the receiver forward. The section of stock right under the 3 grooves on the barrel. The grooves help lock it all into place. Even the proof marks mate up. In the rear of the stock I used some adhesive backed rubber non skid tape.
Small pieces on each side of the stock where the trigger and safety fit into the stock. Unfortunately I've only made small improvements with accuracy. Still better then when I received it, so I'll keep working on it.