PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic? Perfect name for this post.

Trapper
12-23-2013, 04:58 PM
OK guys, if you had a choice to live in a western state and your choices were wide open, where would you go and why? I like to hunt and trap and want to retire to a sportsmen friendly state where I can enjoy my remaining years enjoying some varmint hunting and good trapping. Anywhere from New Mexico all the way up to Idaho and in between. Looking for states with good access to public land and where the sportsman is respected. I apologize if this is not the correct place for this question, but it looked correct with the off topic title.
Thanks,
Trapper

JCalhoun
12-25-2013, 08:04 PM
I'd go to Idaho and be Hammer's neighbor.

Apache
12-25-2013, 08:11 PM
ROTFL!!! I don't think Hammer wants any neighbors. ;) I think he owns all the neighbors property too doesn't he?

Look into Utah for public land. Nearly the whole state is public land.

Trapper
12-25-2013, 08:36 PM
LOL, I know the feeling, I don't want close neighbors either. Coyotes, and prarie dogs close by would make me very happy

fgw_in_fla
12-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Wyoming.

Hunt, trap, fish, hunt, live in a cave, hunt, fish & hunt.

Oh, and farming during the warmer months. And hunt.

Also rated high on the 10 best conservative states to live. For now....

blackbart338-06
12-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Alaska there is no other choice.

Texas Solo
12-25-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm fairly happy here in Texas. It's conservative and sportsman are respected. At one time, hunter safety was even taught in public schools. Serious lack of public lands though. You either know somebody or buy a lease. Lucky for me that I know someone who lets me coyote hunt, but I haven't been deer hunting in 10 years.
I'd stay here if my choices were wide open, because then I could buy 1000 acres in the middle of nowhere and be left alone.

Trapper
12-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Texas Solo, I have been out to Texas several times in the last couple years and find some of this country's most polite, and respectful people there. The only negative I have for Texas is that it can get dang hot down there at times.. Like every summer LOL. I have lived in Georgia for 64 years and I know hot when I am exposed to it. If y'all would lose some of the heat, you would have a new resident.
Thank you Sir,
Trapper

Trapper
12-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Stang, I hear they have these little weather changes down around Brownsville, right off the beach there called hurricanes, plus you know how those Texans are with all those alien sightings and all. As nice as the people are in Texas, I am leaning more towards a more northern state up towards Wyoming, Idaho, Utah etc.. Like the idea of a beach house, but would rather it be a mountain home.
Trap

yobuck
12-26-2013, 12:10 PM
be carefull what you wish for as there is no place called perfect.
about as close as you can get is to have something you can afford
in several locations. that way your not looking out windows at the snow
while waiting for the prairie dogs. 25 years ago my dream was to live
in the florida keys and be a charter captain. i accomplished my dream
and lived there for 9 years. i ran my own boat for charter for 6 of those years.
like many places the keys is a very nice place to visit or even have a part time residence.