PDA

View Full Version : Accidental misfire. Extremely lucky.

Pages : 1 [2]

stangfish
12-24-2013, 03:12 PM
I had to ask.

FishinFool
12-25-2013, 11:59 AM
To Warden: Yikes!...Happy to hear that it was just a bad scare and one of those life-lessons learned.

To RP12: Congrats on the "remote diagnosis of the issue". Good call as they say...

To 82boy: Spare us the lecture and get over your nanny-self...

Great forum and always interesting what goes on out there.

eddiesindian
12-25-2013, 01:05 PM
To Warden: Yikes!...Happy to hear that it was just a bad scare and one of those life-lessons learned.

To RP12: Congrats on the "remote diagnosis of the issue". Good call as they say...

Great forum and always interesting what goes on out there.

could not have said it better to all of the above

stangfish
12-25-2013, 01:58 PM

:o

I do agree with 82 buuuuttt, That is funny

Apache
12-25-2013, 02:12 PM
GUYS!!!!

My days of moderating are almost done...but I'm still a moderator charged with enforcing the rules for the time being....please don't make me enforce the personal attack rule here and give y'all a bunch of infractions on Christmas day......apologies are in order........After all.........It's Christmas.

thewarden0
12-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Fellas. Y'all can scorn, talk junk and/or whatever else. You still ain't got nothing on the lecture on got from my wife or father. You won't hurt my feelings...Trust me there.

I appreciate the support and even the criticism. It humbles me. When I consider myself to be mechanically inclined I tend to step outside my comfort zone and do stupid s***, as many of us has done, more than once. Like I told my wife...this is learning and one day a gun Smith may not be available and to survive I may have to know how to work on my own stuff. Lessons like this prepare me for the future.

Again, thanks. Support, criticism - in my eyes are motivational tools I will use to my advantage...

eddiesindian
12-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Fellas. Y'all can scorn, talk junk and/or whatever else. You still ain't got nothing on the lecture on got from my wife or father. You won't hurt my feelings...Trust me there.

I appreciate the support and even the criticism. It humbles me. When I consider myself to be mechanically inclined I tend to step outside my comfort zone and do stupid s***, as many of us has done, more than once. Like I told my wife...this is learning and one day a gun Smith may not be available and to survive I may have to know how to work on my own stuff. Lessons like this prepare me for the future.

Again, thanks. Support, criticism - in my eyes are motivational tools I will use to my advantage...

It does indeed happen to everybody in some way shape or form. Nobodies perfect. Ive yet to see anybody that can walk on water.
Case in point: There used to be a local gun shop where "some" of there employees were the know all-see-all type. Kinda of person ya really didnt want to ask a question. This guy loved to have opera playing in the gun shop while he was on the clock. 2 ways of doing things...his way,or his way.
One day a city police officer walked in and was having problems with his carry semi 40. He approached the know all see all and explained to him his concerns with his 40. know all see all says..." lemme see it"..I can fix it...police officer unholsters his 40, places it on the display case/work table....know it all see all grabs it and proceeds to let his wisdom come fourth......what does he do you ask?.....he pulls the trigger...rd goes off, hits the metal frame on the display, rd comes back up and puts a rd right thru the officers shoulder....swat team called in....15 police officer cars in frt of the building insued.

Moral to the story?..................

thewarden0
12-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Moral of the story...some one got awfully cocky. I was learning and I did just that in a heart beat.

I don't claim to know it all and obviously I don't but I do know I am very humbled by my situation. I'm still on shock that it happened but I look at it like this...I could own a gun that misfired because of my mistake, does that mean I'm not going to own a gun anymore? If I wrecked my car and survived, would I not drive anymore? Yes, I would. S*** happens.

eddiesindian
12-25-2013, 10:17 PM
I guess I can honestly say that Ive learned something from your mishap. If the tab from the trig assy isnt slotted correctly into the reciever, then its possible for the Accutrigger to loose its ability of catching the sear upon accidental bump firing. Am I correct in saying this?

cvrx4
12-26-2013, 12:10 AM
I work in a lab at a hospital. The one thing I have learned is to never get cocky. The minute I call a nurse and blame them, I figured out it was my fault. I have learned to apply this to every aspect of my life. I have told my boss, its not that I lack confidence, it is that I refuse to let confidence guide me.... aka you never know and every day something new happens. Thanks to OP for this thread, I learned something new today.