PDA

View Full Version : Weaver T-36 on 12 LRPV with Burris Sig. Zee rings med. height - exoect any problems?

Stonewall_Jackson
12-22-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm getting a Weaver T-36 scope with the fine reticule to put on my Savage 12 LRPV .223. I am getting Burris Sig. Vee rings (medium height) to mount this scope (thanks to Santa). I'm familiar with the scope and I know about the rings but I wonder if there will be problems with height or with staying zeroed or whatever. My main use for the rifle is medium range plinking and some varmint shooting (there's a coyote that keeps threatening my pets that I want to nail). The rifle shoots really well and I've had decent success with the scope that was on it but I had the coyote in my cross hairs a few weeks ago (didn't have a cartridge in the rifle - I was setting up the AO on the scope for the distance to the tree line where I see the coyote). I guess my shooting range is generally from 300-500 yards. I don't have problems with targets but my old scope isn't the best in low light or clarity. I want to be sure what I'm shooting at. That coyote I had in my sights could have been the neighbor's dog. It was about 250-300 yards away I guess. Plus I want to be able to see bullet holes at 100 yards for sighting in better.

Mainly I just wonder if I should have bought different rings or a different size of the Zee rings. Any comments, criticism, or warnings would be appreciated. I can still return the rings before I mount them as long as I don't open them. I like the Weaver scopes (I have another one) even with the fine reticule that some don't like.

sharpshooter
12-23-2013, 12:21 AM
I had the exact same set-up. Same gun,same scope, same rings. It worked fine until the scope took a crap. Weaver replaced the scope. When I got it back I sold it to a buddy. He shot it in about a dozen matches, it took a crap again. Weaver replaced the scope ,again. I'm thinking about buying it back to see if this pattern continues....;)

Stonewall_Jackson
12-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Wow I've had a T-36 for several years with no problems. Are they making them different now I wonder? That doesn't sound like Weaver though. But anything's possible.