PDA

View Full Version : 110 magazine removal

mazda3gun
12-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Another question about my 110 .30-06.

See, last time I was out hunting and I think I may ave mentioned this, but it was snowing with a mix of rain. The walnut stock didn't come home the way it looked when I left the house.
The finish, not the wood thank God, has cracked between the trigger guard and barrel mounting bolts. So, I plan to strip then refinish with a darker ebony stain and satin finish coats to make it more my own.

My concern is, how the heck do I get the internal magazine out?!?! I'm a slight perfectionist when I work with my hands and want to make sure even the part you can't see is as excellent as what's visible.
Thanks as always!

mazda3gun
12-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Nevermind. Figured it out!
For other people asking: a wide flat head screwdriver wedged under the bracket then twisted works. I used a sewing needle, not the type your granny uses, I worked telecomm for nearly 8 years and felt it would do better since it has more give than screwdriver. Out it came!

bootsmcguire
12-22-2013, 09:00 PM
There is an article on the main page of this site showing how to remove both types (CF and SF) of blind magazines. You may have to be a "Paid Member" to view the articles, but it is worth it. Between the articles and the classifieds is the best $15 you'll spend if work on or want to modify your Savages.