PDA

View Full Version : Favorite mobile gun/hunt apps

soutthpaw
12-21-2013, 04:50 PM
With so many apps available, what apps do you like, use etc... feel free to add GPS, fishing, and other general outdoor apps...

So far, I have found the following Android apps really good
STRELOK... large variety of reticle options and actually shows where to aim on a virtual reticle. You can also enter data for each type of round. sounds very handy for hand loaders.
If you need the technical specs for major brand ammo. The next app has a nice lost of all that data
Best of all its Free.

SHOOTING SOLUTION
Another app for figuring out bullet drop and windage. As mentioned above, a full list of major hunting ammo specs.

MIlDOT CALCULATOR
This is a very quick and simple app for figuring out distance using mil, moa or a combo of both in standard or metric. The feature I really like on this one is it will let you put in the accurate magnification for second focal plane scopes, then your current zoom. Enter the current mil dots of the target at whatever zoom you are using and it will still calculate the correct distance. Click on the word FFL in the app screen and it will change to SFP and let u enter the zoom info.

So what else are you guys using.

ShawneeB
12-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks South, those look cool. I have an android, google nexus 4 and just learning it. I'm going to check those out right off.

I have a Squirrel call app loaded. "Clandestine Research" Kind cool, my big rooster thinks it's great. Fun to set off in a Dr waiting room. They got all kinds of calls, free. Predator, deer, crow, coon, even bigfoot. Survival med guide, edible plants but only tried the squirrel so far. Yea, occasional add popup, just shut it.

missed
12-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Strelok is awesome.

ShawneeB
12-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Woot, just loaded and played with all three. Very cool. Thanks!

cvrx4
12-21-2013, 09:29 PM
I have a couple. I like the time2fish and the time2hunt. It rates the best times of the day to hunt fish based on solar, lunar and weather conditions. It seems pretty acurate. I usually see the most wildlife/catch the fish during the times it says they will be most active. I caught some nice big blues in 105 degree day at high noon and the app said that would be the best time. I thought no way but wouldnt you know it. I caught a couple of 20 pounders during that time. It also gives you sunrise/sunset and dawn/dusk times.

I also use one called HuntStandLite. I love this little app. I used it for the first time this year. It uses gps to locate your stands on google map. You can also put the type of stand and it also lets you pinpoint food/water sources in your hunting area. It also shows the direction your scent will go based on wind direction and speed.

ShawneeB
12-23-2013, 09:12 AM
THanks CV. Just loaded time2fish. I'll get to try it later, 5 feet from my router and no wifi right now, it happens! Sounds cool, love them blues too.

HeadHunter
12-23-2013, 10:21 AM
I will just put a plug in for Weatherbug. To me it's the simplest and best weather app. Conditions for your location as soon as you open it. 1 touch to hourly forecast. 1 touch to sunrise/sunset times. 1 touch to radar.