PDA

View Full Version : Phil Robertson suspended from A&E

1983Weatherby
12-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Is it just me or did A&E not realize who the majority of their fan base is currently coming from.

Anyone else upset about this?

Basic summary....

Phil expresses his views on homosexuality, drugs, and briefly hits on other topics.

The homosexual comments is what A&E focused on and suspended him for his Christian beliefs.

big honkin jeep
12-19-2013, 07:42 PM
From the look of the Boycott A&E Facebook page with 825,000 likes since yesterday evening, I'd say there are quite a few folks upset with A&Es decision to try and muzzle Phil Robertsons opinions.

soutthpaw
12-19-2013, 07:57 PM
RSeriously, people need to stop being such wusses. I respect honesty. Free speech, you have a right to express your opinions and beliefs. If you attack or threaten others that don't share your beliefs or lifestyle, that's a different story. When it comes to media its all off the table because it comes down to contractual agreements. Free speech has nothing to do with it. You tell me atheists are immoral or you hate gays etc. I can choose to not associate with you. We go our separate ways. No harm, no foul. Make a personal attack against me, family or a friend etc. Again the dynamic of the situation changes.

Balljoint
12-19-2013, 08:04 PM
A&E had to know what Phil would say, then a&e used it to ban him Phil had some problems with a&e trying to take the name of Jesus OUT of the prayer at the end of the show when the family were all seated at the dinner table.

pdog06
12-19-2013, 08:20 PM
As much as I agree with what is being said here, forum rules are forum rules(no religious, racial, or political posts). So before something is said that really crosses the line I am closing this thread.