PDA

View Full Version : Remington 30-06 brass,new!

willyp
12-18-2013, 08:06 AM
I got 300 new 30-06 brass form an on-line store. I bought when it was in stock,thru summer and fall.As you may know it [brass] is scarce!
I ran them thru a FLS die to take the dents and dings out of the necks. I then took the ruff edge off of the necks,inside and out. I then ,at random,checked them for length. 2.494 and a little under,good to go. I loaded them with IMR-4895 at 48 grains and a col of 3.200.
40 cases,i took to the range and my new Axis. I did some scope adjustments,like 3 rounds,and it shot rather well! After a few more rounds it started fall apart,the groups. I cleaned the gun,i did not shoot it hot,at any time. It just got worse. I checked scope moutining,stock screws and what ever i could thing of,but nothing worked????? I used all the loaded new cases and went home. I FLS all of them. I e-mailed a man from on site,here and got some ideas. I checked the length of the FLS cases. Some of them had shrunk by 20 to 30 th!!!!!!! Bad chamber,nope,i checked all my new,unsized brass and they were short[about 25% of them],by that much!!!!!!!! The necks were short.
What do you do with them????????

JCalhoun
12-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Maybe they will shoot better after resizing again since they have been fire formed?

If not, contact Remington. Maybe they had a bad run.