PDA

View Full Version : Question on model 11/111 trigger (non accu-trigger)

out west
12-17-2013, 12:21 PM
I have a question for you guys on the model 11/111 with the non accu-trigger. Are they easily adjustable/modified? I've tested a few in the store and they seemed to be hit or miss. Some seemed to have a decent trigger, while others not so good that I tested. Guess I could be choosy (if they let me) and sift through the new guns until I find one with a trigger that is acceptable. Otherwise I guess I could choose a different model because I don't want to have to buy a budget rifle only to spend another $50-$100 upgrading the trigger.

thermaler
12-17-2013, 12:29 PM
I have a question for you guys on the model 11/111 with the non accu-trigger. Are they easily adjustable/modified? I've tested a few in the store and they seemed to be hit or miss. Some seemed to have a decent trigger, while others not so good that I tested. Guess I could be choosy (if they let me) and sift through the new guns until I find one with a trigger that is acceptable. Otherwise I guess I could choose a different model because I don't want to have to buy a budget rifle only to spend another $50-$100 upgrading the trigger.Good question--I have two 111's--one a trophy hunter and one a regular hunter. The trophy hunter came with the accutrigger; and in my opinion the standard trigger on the non-trophy models are even worse than the standard one on the axis (at least on the one I got). So count on at least upgrading that if you are seeking a light trigger pull. Even though I've upgraded the triggers myself on most of my rifles--for serious hunting bash-around in the woods I think the accutrigger is the safest thing to have.

patrolit
12-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Mods Moved

thermaler
12-17-2013, 09:15 PM
The trigger I pulled out of my 300 win mag 111 has only one adjustment screw and a fixed spring. I know many people do the "cut coil and file sear surface mod" with good results--but if you are really contemplating using this rifle for hunting I'd think carefully about that. Just my opinion, but it's one thing to have a "home brew" if your only going hot at the range--it's quite another to go for a long bash and thrash in the woods with a round in the chamber much of the time. Just sayin.

patrolit
12-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Mods Moved