PDA

View Full Version : Accu-Trigger UGLY

Pages : [1] 2

soutthpaw
12-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Why is the Accu-trigger soooo ugly??? A Glock trigger looks similar in design on a smaller scale but is no where near as ugly as the Accu-trigger. why is it not solid and black or gold or polished???

Edited by mod:

foxx
12-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Hadn't noticed.

pdog06
12-17-2013, 12:48 PM
I removed some of your wording so it falls in line with the site rules.

As for the accutrigger, if you dont like the looks of it take it out. The design is a safety feature and it works as designed. Only so much you can do as far as looks go.

Personally i think it looks fine.

fgw_in_fla
12-17-2013, 12:51 PM
I've grown quite fond of them. Especially the safety blade. Reminds me of my Glocks.

The difference between the factory trigger on my .243, which had to be yanked with 2 hands, & the accutrigger is incredible.

soutthpaw
12-17-2013, 12:58 PM
I removed some of your wording so it falls in line with the site rules.

As for the accutrigger, if you dont like the looks of it take it out. The design is a safety feature and it works as designed. Only so much you can do as far as looks go.

Personally i think it looks fine.

Sorry about that, the weird cutouts and detents with the unfinished color of the metal just strike me as weird. I did search Google and saw one in gold color, looked much better. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/18/2ynebere.jpg

Is the accutrigger stainless? If so, I'm gonna polish mine.

missed
12-17-2013, 12:59 PM
I love my accutrigger.

RP12
12-17-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't like the way they look at all, but I like the way they work.

soutthpaw
12-17-2013, 01:27 PM
I don't like the way they look at all, but I like the way they work.
That is my sentiment too.

ShawneeB
12-20-2013, 07:38 PM
I don't feel it's ugly at all. It's "different" compared to old school, fine knurled triggers, wood and steel. Glocks were new and different at one time and those safetiess threw me for a while, but they worked, and we got used to them. Accutrigger feels good to me, they shoot nice. Marlin and Mossberg have similar. :cool:

RP12
12-20-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't feel it's ugly at all. It's "different" compared to old school, fine knurled triggers, wood and steel. Glocks were new and different at one time and those safetiess threw me for a while, but they worked, and we got used to them. Accutrigger feels good to me, they shoot nice. Marlin and Mossberg have similar. :cool:If it's all the same to you I'll stick with my opinion.:p

ShawneeB
12-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Sure RP, we need all kinds of opinions or it would be no fun at all:p

soutthpaw
12-21-2013, 09:56 AM
So anyone know if the accutrigger part with the holes in it is stainless?

rsh4364
12-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Now you made me get mine out for a look see,I only have two of the accutrigger,one on a 17hmr and one on new B-Mag,the one on B-Mag much better looking.Both are better looking than the triggers on my .223 Edge and .308 Axis,HAHA

fgw_in_fla
12-26-2013, 07:46 PM
I keep seeing this thread resurface and got to thinking. It made my brain hurt but I got thinking anyway....

I really can't see my accutrigger from where I sit when I'm getting ready to torch one off. As long as it makes the rifle go BANG (or BOOM) and the bullet leaves the pipe going very, very fast and I see whatever is on the receiving end falls down / has a hole in it, I could really care less what they look like.

There.
I said my piece...

Where's the **** aspirins.

rattfink
12-26-2013, 08:02 PM
I like the way my accutrigger looks.

And if you think anything about Glocks are pretty I am glad you didn't pick my wife for me.

fgw_in_fla
12-26-2013, 08:09 PM
I don't buy them to look pretty. I don't care for shiny cool looking weapons. I have no use for anything that is less than 114% reliable. My Glocks do just that and I can do any most anything to them with easily obtainable parts.

I can't say the same for any of my 3 ex-wives.

missed
12-27-2013, 09:51 AM
I saw one of the new Glock at a shop it had a big windowed out spot in the slide all the metal got Cerakote it looked pretty dang nice! I couldn't believe it was a Glock.

soutthpaw
12-28-2013, 02:59 AM
the symmetry of the Bmag looks better IMHO YMMV.. http://www.gunblast.com/images/Savage-Bmag/DSC09058.jpg

Savage6x284
12-28-2013, 03:04 PM
IMO the Accutrigger blade is a poor crutch for sloppy manufacturing and ugly to boot.

I much prefer a worked 3 screw for both form and function. I like the results with the three screw (and even the two screw) so much that one of them lives still on my fully custom 116. Just didn't see the point of spending the money for an aftermarket trigger when the worked three screw is nearly on par with my Jewell trigger.

pdog06
12-28-2013, 04:59 PM
The Accutrigger is flawed. When you push it to the side the safety blade stops the pin from striking the primer. :o

That's the way it is designed. If you pull the trigger to the side then your trigger pulling skills are flawed Stang, not the trigger......LOL

A trigger is meant to be pulled straight back.