PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Jim Briggs

Delaware_Ken
12-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Good Evening,

Yesterday at a 600 yard BR match your CBI barrels shined. I shot two 5 shot groups under 2". One was a perfect 50 score. I won Light Gun Score, and took second in LG group and 2 gun Agg. One barrel was an 8 twist 6BR bull, and the other was a 8 twist dasher bull, both 28" long. All the other guns I was shooting against were custom builds. I put my rig together myself using Savage Target actions. It was a very rewarding day to say the least. Thank you Mr Briggs for a fine product, and the best customer service of any vendor I've ever dealt with.

Ken

Hotolds442
12-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Nice shooting!

northlander
12-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Ken,
I am sure by now I have told you my outlook on good shooting rifles. You can have the fastest car in the race but without a good driver you will never win. Good job on your end as well as a good build.

Jim Briggs
NSS

sharpshooter
12-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Where was the match?

Delaware_Ken
12-18-2013, 06:10 AM
Bridgeville, Delaware

82boy
12-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Congrats on the win, it is great to see another 600 yard Benchrest shooter on the board. Shooting a group under 2 inches is a BIG accomplishment, and on top of that shooting a 50 is another big accomplishment. You need to pat your self on the back, as these two things are not simple task, and many can not fully appreciate the deeds that was done. Again Good job. keep doing what your doing, and shoot well.

Delaware_Ken
12-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for the "Atta boys" guys, but the rifles do all the work. All I do his hopefully point them in the right direction.

I've been BR shooting now for around four years. I started out shooting Factory Class, and soon got the bug, and started shooting LG, and then HG at 600 yards. Our season runs from the Fall thru the Spring of the year in Delaware.

Our F/Class season runs from the Spring thru the Fall so that's when I get the F/Class Bug. I shoot mostly F/TR and occasionally F/Open at 600 yards. Our club just opened a 1000 yard range, and I've done a little practicing over there, but haven't competed in a match yet. I'm hoping that the 6.5-284 (Savage Action and CBI Barrel of course) that I'm working on will get the job done at 1000. But that's a completely new ball game.

Thanks Again, Ken

wbm
12-18-2013, 04:07 PM
Feels great when it all comes together! High five!