PDA

View Full Version : New 6.5 Creedmoor range report

Pages : 1 [2]

wbm
12-18-2013, 12:52 PM
All in fun Brent. Sorry you were offended.

Brent
12-18-2013, 01:33 PM
All in fun Brent. Sorry you were offended.

OK, no worries. It is hard to read intent into words and we don't know each other. I see these forums as a place to continue to learn. If there is better way to flush tires then I am all for it. I am also all about understanding the reasoning behind things.

I have a couple of friends who are both gunsmiths. They both approach things a bit differently and both wind up with similar results. Many of the things I bring to the table are from personal experience and from industry experience. I will never claim to be an expert but I might claim to be experienced. Meaning I have made a few mistakes that drove me nuts and I turned to forums and experts for advice. I try and share that here and other places if the opportunity arises. Sometimes my eagerness to help or learn is misguided and I let the little things bug me more than they should. Take care.

bflee
12-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Waiting on my 140 amax and reloading dies so I can really check this baby out. I only have IMR4895 powder right now but I am going to get some 4350. I found AA4350 and I guess it will work? I found a few loads for the 4895 I will work with until I get the 4350. I have about 60 120 grain factory loads to shoot still. I noticed that savage says it was made for 140's so I am ready to try them. I just wish I had a scope worthy of this rifle! This Leupold rifleman 3-9x40 just ain't gonna cut it. I want to stretch this rifle out some and I won't be able to do it with this scope.

Stockrex
12-30-2013, 11:11 AM
I apologies, I did not mean to offend anyone,
2 different topics here:
1. barrel needing cleaning - I have been collecting data from my shooting buddies and most of them say that around 800 rounds the accuracy out of their 5.56 barrels drop off and a cleaning is in order
2. barrel break-in - this a myth, just shoot it.

OK, no worries. It is hard to read intent into words and we don't know each other. I see these forums as a place to continue to learn. If there is better way to flush tires then I am all for it. I am also all about understanding the reasoning behind things.

I have a couple of friends who are both gunsmiths. They both approach things a bit differently and both wind up with similar results. Many of the things I bring to the table are from personal experience and from industry experience. I will never claim to be an expert but I might claim to be experienced. Meaning I have made a few mistakes that drove me nuts and I turned to forums and experts for advice. I try and share that here and other places if the opportunity arises. Sometimes my eagerness to help or learn is misguided and I let the little things bug me more than they should. Take care.