PDA

View Full Version : Choate stock for 116 LA with trigger bolt release.

rlittle1970
12-13-2013, 08:11 PM
I am thinking about ordering a Choate tactical but I am hoping someone on here can tell me if it will fit. Don't mind a little light grinding but if its not practical I will look at another stock.

Thanks in advance
Ray

rlittle1970
12-29-2013, 09:03 PM
They do fit the bottom bolt release actions.

Luke45
12-30-2013, 01:54 AM
I just got one a few days. Very minimal work had to be done to make it go together nice. I like the stock a lot and it looks and feels great

eddiesindian
12-30-2013, 01:25 PM
I installed mine on my 10-FCP-K about 2 months back. I didnt have to grind/shave at all. The trigger and mag well have a "tight" fit to them. I like the weight and have found the thicker palm swell to work to my advantage. Ive compared it to my HS Precision and found that I have more stability, less movement for 1K shots.
Theres only 1 quirk I have with that stock:
The aluminum bedding block is a tad off center to the fiberglass/composite. The reciever bolts up dead center to the bedding block but the stock may have shifted while cooling during the manufactor process. If you look at the frt of the rifle and look at the barrel in corralation to the stock, you,ll see a difference in the gap. THe barrel is still free floating and the rig shoots 1/4-1/2 moa @ 100 which gives me the go ahead to send them out to distance with confidence.
Before I painted mine, I installed into the reciever, mag well and trig assy and ck,d for proper fit. fits like a glove, but what I didnt ck what I mentioned above. I painted the stock, bolted it to the reciever and thats when I noticed the stock being a tad off center at the frt.
Id still but another. For the price, the stock more than does the job.

rlittle1970
12-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Eddie,

Mine is a little off to the left as well. Have not been out to sight it all in yet but I don't see it being a problem. I did have to gently sand a little plastic parting line from when it was CNC'd to get the trigger guard to fit but works great after that.

Ray

eddiesindian
12-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Ray..if you have large hands then I think you,ll like it.
The adjustable (sliding) rifle sling stud at the frt is a great feature "but" Ive found that it will move on you and the bipod will work itself forward. Just gotta put a little more snug to the bipod so it wont loosen.

eddiesindian
12-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Yep.

I drilled and tapped a lock screw to stop that from happening.

good idea

vmcdonald79
12-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Ray..if you have large hands then I think you,ll like it.
The adjustable (sliding) rifle sling stud at the frt is a great feature "but" Ive found that it will move on you and the bipod will work itself forward. Just gotta put a little more snug to the bipod so it wont loosen.

What bipod are you using?

ig25
01-01-2014, 12:47 AM
Yep.

I drilled and tapped a lock screw to stop that from happening.

Great idea

eddiesindian
01-01-2014, 03:16 PM
What bipod are you using?

harris