PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: Boyds stocks

Dummos
12-13-2013, 07:30 PM
I've just ordered a 25 tacticool stock for my hornet from boyds anyone tried one yet and if so how did it go with the plastic bottom metal and trigger guard

plinkin
01-12-2014, 01:39 AM
I've just ordered a 25 tacticool stock for my hornet from Boyds anyone tried one yet and if so how did it go with the plastic bottom metal and trigger guard

Did you get it yet? I was just looking into a Boyds B.Mag stock when I saw they have stocks for the Walking Varminter M25. I like the stocks on all 3 of my M25's but I wanted to change the colors.

So if you received yours, how did it work out?

buddyb
04-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I have the Tacticool on a Savage rimfire MKII bolt gun. The grip is on the thick side though, the stock is a laminate so you can palm sand the pistol grip for a more comfortable grip. I milled out for a thicker bottom metal and also added a Rifle Basic Trigger and pillar bedded the stock. And guess what? It still shoots the same 5/8 group with CCi standard velocity at 50 yrds. (LOL).

XNAVYORDIE
05-12-2014, 05:58 PM
I am very happy with my Boyds on my 17 Hornet....what a difference from that plastic toothpick!

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o613/xusnordy/HornetonGMC_zpse907b12c.jpg (http://s1150.photobucket.com/user/xusnordy/media/HornetonGMC_zpse907b12c.jpg.html)

buddyb
05-12-2014, 11:32 PM
O.K fella's, what is up with my laminated stock! I have had to return TWO and I do Mean 2, laminated stocks recently due to cracking at the top, behind the bolt and rear action srew. It does not go down into the stock/action srew but, across the top. Each crack has been in the same place give or take an 1/8", about an 1 1/4 long. I only noticed the crack after observing the shot group opening up and checking the torque with my torque wrench @ 30/35 " pounds. This is a gun which was replaced under warranty from the high gloss bluing to the mate finish barrel. Any thoughts or will be appreciated. Thanks,