PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with 110

bulletbob
12-12-2013, 12:19 PM
I need some help or advise on a bolt issue with my 110 .270 cal.Problem is after 3 to 5 rounds the bolt gets extremely stiff,the more rounds fired the stiffer the bolt gets until the rifle cools down then it's a smooth as glass.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.--Bob:help:

stomp442
12-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Need a little more info to go on. Factory ammo or reloads?Could be you have a rough or tight chamber. May need to polish it.

bulletbob
12-12-2013, 03:14 PM
It is factory ammo.I ran federal and remington through it to name a few.The bolt is super smooth through the stroke when cold,but starts to tighten up as soon as it gets any kind of heat in it.The more rounds the tighter it gets,to almost full bolt lockup.

pitsnipe
12-12-2013, 04:26 PM
bulletbob,

So, this is while trying to extract the spent round? What if you chamber it to battery, then eject it, still stiff? So, only hard to open? and NOT hard to battery when hot and fired?

Snipe

bulletbob
12-12-2013, 04:59 PM
bulletbob,

So, this is while trying to extract the spent round? What if you chamber it to battery, then eject it, still stiff? So, only hard to open? and NOT hard to battery when hot and fired?

SnipeSnipe,It is when opening and closing bolt,even if not ejecting or loading a round.when pulling bolt back to eject and pushing bolt back to chamber another round.As soon as the bolt starts to get into the ejection port it loosens up.It is like the first inch of the bolt going in or out of the chamber,with a round in or out.I hope I'm explaining this right.

Wildboarem
12-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Could it be a bedding issue? Torquing the action just slightly when it starts to heat up? Just guessing here.

sharpshooter
12-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Put some grease on the lugs and the cocking ramp.

bulletbob
12-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the info.I'll give that a try.

LHitchcox
12-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Double check the action screws. One may be just a bit too tight and in contact with the bolt body. I have had to bring some stock screws down about one thread.

tiny68
12-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Double check the action screws. One may be just a bit too tight and in contact with the bolt body. I have had to bring some stock screws down about one thread.

That would be my guess. Front action screw. You can also check but marking the bolt side of the recoil lug black sharpie, inserting the bolt and cycle a few times to see if any of the sharpie marks so contact. Tim