PDA

View Full Version : Need a left hand stock for a model 16, sporter barrel

insidetheten
12-12-2013, 01:05 AM
I have A model 16 chambered in 7mm-08, hinged floor plate, with an Accu-stock. Used for hunting. I would like to upgrade the stock to something that is pillar bedded and can be glass bedded as well. Looking around for something like B&C, H&S, Manners. I'm having trouble finding stocks that are left handed. Can anyone help? ANY info would be much appreciated!!
Also, can I convert from the hinged floor plate to either a blind magazine or a detachable mag? Thanks!!

stangfish
12-12-2013, 01:14 AM
Since you have a 4.4" action spacing it is easy to match your action to a stock that utilizes either. You may need to purchase parts. This is where being a paid member pays off. I will add that your accu-stock is not a bad stock for a factory rifle and you can change it over to a DBM. If you want something worthwhile you are looking at 400 new much less used.

Savage6x284
12-13-2013, 01:15 PM
McMillan makes a ton of left hand stocks for every 110 etal out there.
They'll make it however you ask them too. If you want a blind mag with a Rem 700 TG (the only way to go if you want the TG to blend with the lines of the stock) they'll make it.
IMO not a better synthetic stockmaker out there and well worth the price they charge.