PDA

View Full Version : 10fcp-k

EMTSmokeeater681
12-10-2013, 10:31 PM
even gents ; I have a question I have a newer 10fcp-k with the accutrigger and stock I'm looking to change the stock to either a McMillan a5 or a choate tactical with a C.D.I bottom medal so I can run a 10 round mag. what I need to know is either this is possible or not and how much stock will have to be removed to get the bottom medal in. I forgot to say that this 10fcp-k is with the bolt release in the trigger guard. I asked Savage and they say it not possible I have Emails in to stocky s and haven't heard anything back yet. so I,m asking the more "seasoned " savage shooters here . I,ve done a lot of research and I do find some answers but would rather here it from someone who did what I,m asking. thanks again and keep shooting!

missed
12-10-2013, 10:43 PM
If you buy a choate, with the bottom bolt release buy the CDI for the accustock and your set no carving. I think on the A5 sending the bottom metal to McM is the best way to go. I have a Choate on mine and just the factory bottom metal and Dark Eagle Mags I will go the CDI route one of these days. I talked to CDI and it was just quick swap job and done.

EMTSmokeeater681
12-10-2013, 11:01 PM
thanks Missed you helped me alot

Dnomyar220
12-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Let us know how this goes, curious what the cost is? I have the same gun, wouldn't mind replacing the stock if I can ever get around to shooting it

pitsnipe
12-11-2013, 10:27 AM
EMT,

I have the same weapon as well. Do you want to change the stock JUST to fit a 10 round mag? Because you don't need to going with Dark Eagle mags (I own two of them and they work great) Otherwise, if the stock isn't what you want, then yes, you will need to fit bottom metal and mag to the new stock anyway.

Snipe

missed
12-11-2013, 12:34 PM
I think for now I'm going to stick to the factory DBM and dark eagle mags. I do like the aics mags and CDI bottom metal better, the next build may get one. I need some 10 round 22-250 dark eagle mags. Feed lips just need to be a bit longer.