PDA

View Full Version : Long action centereed drop in?????

part Cherokee
03-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Hey
Is there no such thing as a "drop in" stock (no altering needed) for a Stevens 200 .300 mag
long action center feed? I would like a black or drab green stock. I realy dont want to paint it.
Matt

rjtfroggy
03-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Check for stocks made for the 110 I'm not 100% sure but I think they are what you are looking for.

part Cherokee
03-01-2010, 10:31 AM
I found stocks for the short action center feed but no after market stocks for the long action, center feed stevens rifles.

possum1
03-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I just went to Stockys site and they show Savage long action available.

part Cherokee
03-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Yea but those are for the staggered feed . Right? I need one for the new center feed thats long action.

possum1
03-01-2010, 11:47 AM
over on the left menu selection scroll down to Savage center-feed, they are some available for long action. Or better yet, call the man ;)

pdog06
03-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Only difference between the staggered and centerfeed long action stocks is that you would need to cut the notch at the rear pillar for the magbox "L" bracket/tab to fit the centerfeed action. That really isnt much of a big deal, and can be done in just a few minutes with a dremel and a file. Just measure the thickness of the tab and relieve that much material at the rear pillar.

The action screw spacings are the same with the staggerfeed and centerfeed long actions.

Monkeymaster
03-01-2010, 07:01 PM
???
Soooo the duramaxx long action staggered feed will work with the new center feed , with just relieving the "magizine box tab" ?
Screw spacing ?
I thought the center feeds were different then the staggered feed ?

pdog06
03-01-2010, 07:49 PM
???
Soooo the duramaxx long action staggered feed will work with the new center feed , with just relieving the "magizine box tab" ?
Screw spacing ?
I thought the center feeds were different then the staggered feed ?

Yes, the Duramax will work that way...

In a short action the centerfeed had a different screw spacing, but in a long action it is the same as a staggered long action.

Just notch for the magbox tab and shoot.

pyscodog
03-20-2010, 06:54 PM
I am doing the same swap-Stevens 200 w/centerfeed into a duramax stock. The duramax is for a staggered feed mag and the front(muzzel-end) of the magazine has nothing to hold it in place. According to Fred (SSS), you have to copy the mag well opening of the center feed in the duramax stock. In other words, duplicate the opening from the Stevens to the Duramax. I'm in the process of doing the same thing. I made a u-shaped block out of 3/4 inch aluminum that will fill the void in front of the mag. Call Fred, he'll explain it better. pyscodog