PDA

View Full Version : So whats the tally boys and girls?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

thermaler
12-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Sooner or later the predators will start eating their designer laberdoodles and ****zu's and chickens--that might be when they will have a change of heart.

EFBell
12-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Alright guys, lets not turn this into a political discussion. We all know (or should know) the rules.

Thanks

JMGlasgow
12-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Nothing for me. Waiting to be an official resident of the great state of Wyoming.

thermaler
12-21-2013, 05:19 AM
Well, it looks like I'm not going to end the season with an empty freezer after all. I wish I could say those 100+ hours of careful stalking in the woods paid off; but I'm forced to admit that it all happened last night when a buddy of mine who lives two counties over called me to say he had just hit a doe with his truck and badly fractured it's leg. By the time I got there somebody else had already performed the coup-de-gras with a 9mm pistol and the deer had been left on the side of the road. So I learned yet another important lesson--never wear new running shoes and good clothes when loading up a deer in the dark by yourself that's had it's brains blown out. And of course on the way out a deer crossed the road in front of me.

woodsman416
12-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Bow season - 2 does and one 135" 8 point all with my PSE.
Shot gun season - 2 8 point bucks, both about 100" to 110" and one doe all with my Savage 220.

EFBell
12-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Woodsman, where are you located? Those are some great reports. I want to come hunting with you... LOL...
Were allowed one antlered deer a year here.

Regards, Ed B.

116ssbl
12-25-2013, 09:08 PM
We had a great deer camp this year. Two of my sons shot their first bow bucks and I shot my first bow buck in ten years. My youngest son and I shot bucks with our Savage rifles and my brother shot his first buck ever and first deer period in over twenty years. Our success this year just proves that it is far, far better to be lucky than to be good. We got skunked last year and this year put nearly half a ton of venison on the ground. Go figure.....

thermaler
12-25-2013, 09:25 PM
We had a great deer camp this year. Two of my sons shot their first bow bucks and I shot my first bow buck in ten years. My youngest son and I shot bucks with our Savage rifles and my brother shot his first buck ever and first deer period in over twenty years. Our success this year just proves that it is far, far better to be lucky than to be good. We got skunked last year and this year put nearly half a ton of venison on the ground. Go figure.....where was this? I'm very jealous!

116ssbl
12-25-2013, 11:14 PM
where was this? I'm very jealous!

SE WI. We didn't see many deer but connected on the ones we did. Three of the bucks were actually shot on public land, including my brother's big bodied 9 pt.

billybob
12-26-2013, 07:54 AM
I got a 8pt. 16 1/4 inside spread so far.

EFBell
12-26-2013, 01:37 PM
going to take the Flinter for a walk this afternoon. Maybe there will be a buck with my name on his ear this afternoon.

JWW123
12-31-2013, 09:19 AM
got a real good 10 point yesterday scored 144 1/8, daughter got a nice 9 point on friday

woodsman416
01-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Woodsman, where are you located? Those are some great reports. I want to come hunting with you... LOL...
Were allowed one antlered deer a year here.

Regards, Ed B.

Sorry for the delay. I'm in Hunterdon County NJ. If you buy all the tags, you can take six bucks and unlimited antlerless deer. I hunt a couple of different areas, all have a lot of deer. One day in mid-December I saw 63 deer in one afternoon! I'm heading out this afternoon with my muzzleloader.

EFBell
01-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Sorry for the delay. I'm in Hunterdon County NJ. If you buy all the tags, you can take six bucks and unlimited antlerless deer. I hunt a couple of different areas, all have a lot of deer. One day in mid-December I saw 63 deer in one afternoon! I'm heading out this afternoon with my muzzleloader.

Sweet, good luck in all of this snow. They will stick out like a sore thumb if you can get them moving.
Any bear in your area?

Nandy
01-03-2014, 03:26 PM
I got 4 does and 3. bucks. last Doe was on the last day evening hunt at 375 Yds. I almost did not shot as I blundered by drooping my front rest and I had to improvise one. I was lucky this Doe was very calm. I waited for it to come down in the trail (shooting on power lines) toward the stand but it was a no go as she started to leave the same way she came after browsing for a few minutes. I bleated, she stopped long enough for me to be steady and comfortable with the shot so I took it and it was dead on the spot.

I got a chance to try the new 22-250 build and it did great being the only neck shot of the season at merely 75 Yds, dead on tracks too. other shots were between 150 and 250 Yds. you have to love that 7mm rm I carry to the stand. the new 3006 build went out a few times but saw no action but I was OK with that since that barrel/load combination has been what I shot before the 7mm and it is very proven. it is just in a new action/stock/trigger but shot as good as before.

that is my tally!

Plowdaddy519
01-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Got one young doe with my old 30-06, 80 pounds or so. Got one with my bow the next day 170 pounds. Started hunting a new farm and had 0 time to scout it. Hopefully next year I can find a nice buck there.

mazda3gun
01-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Two doe for me so far both taken with my mighty 25-06. Passed up a basket rack buck saturday that I might have shot last day.

So how did you all do?

An old man told me one time, "There's no need to pass on a deer today, that you would kill on the last day. Just shoot it! It all tastes the same." I should've heeded his words because I passed on 3 HUGE does during the rut hoping for a buck to be following them. Good thing I have a bow and 14 more days til whitetail closes out in my KY zone. And there may be a 'nuisance' deer or two shot with the rifle or shotty come spring.

mazda3gun
01-06-2014, 09:25 AM
One more thing, after reading the other posts from around the country, it's absurd how many deer can be taken everywhere BUT Kentucky! We're allowed, legally, 1 antlered and 1 antlerless with the first tag. Then 2 antlerless with the second tag, no specific order to when/what you kill though. And we've got more deer than most of these states who allow 6+ deer to be harvested.:Cry:

thermaler
01-06-2014, 09:55 AM
One more thing, after reading the other posts from around the country, it's absurd how many deer can be taken everywhere BUT Kentucky! We're allowed, legally, 1 antlered and 1 antlerless with the first tag. Then 2 antlerless with the second tag, no specific order to when/what you kill though. And we've got more deer than most of these states who allow 6+ deer to be harvested.:Cry:
What are you whining about? In Maine it's 1 deer and season over!

stomp442
01-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Same here in AZ and it has to be a buck.