PDA

View Full Version : Savage Customer Service

Kenneth L. Walters
12-09-2013, 07:12 PM
I've wanted to buy one of the model 12 series for some time. Unfortunately I could not find one anywhere. Eventually I figured out that Bud's Gun Shop carries them but by then I was more than a little miffed with Savage.

I tried contacting them perhaps seven or eight times. I called several times. I e-mailed them asking for help. I even sent a couple letters snail mail. No response ever.

I finally decided to buy a Ruger.

Is this typical of Savage customer service?

RP12
12-09-2013, 07:43 PM
No.

J.Baker
12-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Who were you emailing at Savage?
Who did you talk to on the phone?
What did they tell you on the phone?

Can't say if it's typical or not when you don't really give any details. That said, I don't know who handles it or what the process is for dealing with customer submitted emails (up until a year or so ago they never even listed an email address on their website). As for the phone calls, you probably just spoke with one of the C.S. operators who typically do nothing more than take parts orders and know little to nothing about production or availability.

The person/people you need to talk to are the Sales Representatives for your state/region. Go to the link below, select your state from the drop-down menu and it will tell you who the Rep(s) are for your area. They're the middle-men working between the factory and the dealers and they'll know which dealers and distributors will have what you're looking for in stock.

http://www.savagearms.com/customerservice/salesrepresentatives/

Edited: Well, apparently Savage is either in the process of changing to different sales reps in a number or areas or they're doing away with them as the only states I see with anything currently listed are in the pacific northwest (Oregon, Idaho, etc.)

ShawneeB
12-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Did you try asking any FFL's that could have ordered it for you? I have several distributors stock Model 12 variants, could have had one overnight same as any FFL. Did you try a gun store or box stores? Gun store would have offered to order, box stores sell what sells fast and doesn't clutter shelves and inventory.

Like J Baker mentioned we don't have the details, what were you asking them to help you with for instance.

No that is not typical for Savage CS.

RP12
12-09-2013, 09:46 PM
OP says "No response ever", that is not typical.