PDA

View Full Version : Can the Axis be threaded for a suppressor of flash hider

spleify
12-09-2013, 03:50 AM
With the 22" barrell can it be threaded to accept a flash hider of suppressor. .223 caliber 1/2x28

Thanks

stangfish
12-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Absolutely.

spleify
12-09-2013, 01:11 PM
So there is definitely enough meat on the end of that barrel to still thread it?

Thanks

ShawneeB
12-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Check it, believe a standard A2 and suppressors are 1x28

RP12
12-09-2013, 04:12 PM
I think it's 1/2 x 28.

spleify
12-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Yep, typo on my part. I corrected my original post.

I just want to make sure there is enough meat on the end of the barrel

ShawneeB
12-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Cool, they will thread whatever you tell them:o My Howa1500 223 factory barrel had plenty meat for 1/2 28.

spleify
12-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Great, thanks for the info

2111 Marine
12-18-2013, 02:27 AM
Got a question about Muzzle breaks,suppressors or flash hiders on these rifles and being from Calif , are these legal for bolt action rifles ??

LoneWolf
12-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Got a question about Muzzle breaks,suppressors or flash hiders on these rifles and being from Calif , are these legal for bolt action rifles ??

Muzzle brakes are OK. No suppressors in any way shape or Form. Barrel has to be at least 16" and if a muzzle break is being used to meet that standard it must be welded on and not removable.

2111 Marine
12-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Muzzle brakes are OK. No suppressors in any way shape or Form. Barrel has to be at least 16" and if a muzzle break is being used to meet that standard it must be welded on and not removable.

that's what has me confused ... over on Calguns in quite a few posts dated 3 years old they say you can have your barrel threaded and use a threaded Muzzle brake as Bolt action rifles don't have to conform to rules designed for assault rifles

RP12
12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
that's what has me confused ... over on Calguns in quite a few posts dated 3 years old they say you can have your barrel threaded and use a threaded Muzzle brake as Bolt action rifles don't have to conform to rules designed for assault riflesWhat is an assault rifle ? Please don't use that term, that was made up by the anti-gun crowd. We now return you to your OP topic.;)

thomae
12-18-2013, 04:39 PM
When it comes to rules and the law and what can get you arrested, please don't trust the word of "somebody" in a forum.

Not even me. I have been known to make a mistake or two from time to time.

A lot of laws could have changed in three years. I don't know if they did, but they could have.

BATF rules and regulations are online, and I can only surmise that California laws are probably online as well. If they are not, contact your local State Police or some other authoritative source and see if you can get them to show you the appropriate regulation in writing.

FWIW, Public libraries employ highly trained research librarians who would be more than happy to help you research your question and find the answer in an arcane citation somewhere in the dusty stacks of reference books.

wbm
12-18-2013, 06:08 PM
What is an assault rifle?

Any firearm, including BB and Air rifles, someone wants to assault someone or something with.

Assault Weapon is also another "term of endearment", utilized by liberal wags. Apparently it can be used to refer to anything from cutlery, including forks and spoons, to rocks and spittle.

bflee
12-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Kind of like "assault government".
Anything to harm someone, which the government is getting really good at!

2111 Marine
12-18-2013, 07:35 PM
just looking for ways to soften the recoil so as not to injure my shoulder anymore than it is right now ,really don't want to be wearing a sissy pad LOL !!!

pinsnscrews
12-19-2013, 02:52 AM
Add weight to the stock, my recommendation being both in the fore end and the butt. The Weight will help absorb the recoil.

As California seems to falter back and forth over what and what is not legal at times, you could also look into having the barrel you currently have ported. No issue of length change, no issue of removability. A reputable shop should be able to give you a quality porting, though I recommend mentioning that you shoot prone often. They will alter the porting so the gas is not directed toward the ground as much to keep dust down.

You could also look into swapping the barrel to a heavier design. It all comes down to what you are willing to spend.