PDA

View Full Version : My Savage A3

jeffersonv
12-08-2013, 01:38 AM
In classic Savage fashion, all work was done by me. It has not been touched by a gunsmith.

This rifle started life as a mod. 11 in .204 Ruger. The current build was intended as a budget build taking advantage of the following:

Used factory varmint barrel chambered for .223 AI which I cut from 26" to 22".
Bolt lift kit.
Paint (Duracoat) by yours truly.
Flush cups.
Karsten cheek rest.

The McM A3 stock was pillar and glass bedded by someone before I got it used and I haven't felt the need to redo it for my particular action.

I have had plans to have CDI inlet for their bottom metal but right now it is my coyote rig and I don't need a DBM. I actually like it better with the blind mag right now for hunting. Besides, getting mags right now is not too fun.

Vortex PST 4-16 FFP in Seekins rings. EGW 20MOA base. TAB sling.

This rifle tickles me because though I have not taken it to a smith and have kept the cost down, it shoots as good as my custom 6.5 Creedmoor, which is pretty good.

Just so cool.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/jeffersonv/5cab61fe-862a-447c-a31f-098d3eb87cb8_zps4f744a56.jpg

LoneWolf
12-08-2013, 02:23 AM
I really like this build! I think about the only thing I might do to it from there (personally of course) is hit the stock with some Krylon black webbing to set off that camo and break it up a bit! Looks great!