PDA

View Full Version : Savage 11VT , convert to accustock

NCHuntr
12-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Guys,

I have a 11 VT in .308. Love the gun and would like to upgrade to an Accustock like the one off a 10TR. My question is would this stock be a direct fit or would I need to change anything? I think I read somehwere that the recoil lug is different. If so, what is the difference and who knows the part # for the new lug? Thanks!!

NCHuntr
12-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Anyone?

RP12
12-08-2013, 11:21 AM
The lugs are the same. The stock will fit right on. I was wrong, (big shock there) they are different.

NCHuntr
12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks RP12 for the reply. I may purchase the stock tomorrow.

thomae
12-08-2013, 08:42 PM
RP12, I believe you are mistaken.

Non accustock rifles have lugs with tapered sides. If the VT is not an accustock, I would presume this is the lug it has.
(RECOIL LUG - P/N: 100213 $6.00)

Rifles with accustocks have lugs with narrower, parallel sides (IIRC). In any case, it is a different shape.
(RECOIL LUG, NEW ACCU-RAIL, CARBON, MATTE - P/N: 108264 $14.00)

My experience has been that the "normal" lug will not fit into the recesses milled out for the accu-stock lug.

RP12
12-08-2013, 09:10 PM
I was just going on what I was told here before when I asked about the Accu-stock. I'm glad I didn't buy one then. I'm sorry NCHuntr for the wrong information. Thank you thomae for straightening it out.

NCHuntr
12-12-2013, 06:40 PM
RP12, no worries. I understand. Thomae, thanks for the information and part #s. Very helpful!

Rivethead
12-13-2013, 08:11 PM
The Partsfinder lists the recoil lug as a "Gunsmith Item Only" so they might not sell one retail but Midway has both listed and you can see the different profile.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=savage+recoil+lug

Illini40
12-15-2013, 10:23 AM
So, are there no options to change out the stock on a 11 VT rifle? (If I am right, the 11 VT is a DSG special package)

If a rifle doesn't have an AccuStock, are there aftermarket options available?

I'm new, and confused on what rifles have the ability to change out stocks and which ones cannot.

stangfish
12-15-2013, 10:46 AM
So there are a few of things to look at when changing/buying stocks for you rifle. The magazine type, internal mag or DBM/HFP, action length, bolt release and the barrel contour. As you have always been informed if you are going to an Accustock the recoil lug contour as well as the other options previously mentioned to consider.

There are many options for you a different stock for your rifle. Several chassis, composite, hardwood and laminate stock manufacturers are available. And the offer stocks that cover most options. Decide what type of shooting and how much money you want to spend and then we can move into what stock may be suited for your needs and means.

Okhogdogger
01-09-2014, 11:39 PM
I was looking at some Hogue over moulded stocks for my 11vt and I really don't know how to order the one I need. Nothing specifies where the bolt release is. I am assuming I would need to replace the recoil lug when buying a hogue stock also?? Very green here, so any help is appreciated. Thanks