PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 non accutrigger replacement suggestions

dc3085
12-07-2013, 11:44 AM
I have lowered the factory trigger to its safest adjustment and I'm still unhappy with the pull on this rifle. I'm not going to cut the springs or polish the trigger and sear engagement, I just want to replace it with a drop in trigger, ideally something higher quality than the factory trigger. I find myself anticipating the trigger pull (I'm a bit embarrassed to say that out loud) which still has to be at least 4-5lbs at the lowest adjustment. It hasn't affected my accuracy much but one day it will screw me when it matters. So I'm looking for advice on what the best trigger per dollar value is(more concerned with quality than price). I don't need a 3/4lb pull but 1.5-2lbs would be really nice and hopefully cut out my anticipation problem, this is my stiffest trigger and also the only rifle I own that I anticipate like this (not my largest caliber either. This model 11 is a .243 and I have a M-70 300 mag I shoot without anticipating the trigger pull). Help please.

rphguy
12-07-2013, 01:52 PM
I loved everything about my older Savage 7-08 until I bought a new Sav 300wsm with the accutrigger.
Then, I found that the difference in the trigger pull made my old 7-08 less than desirable.
I ended up buying a Timney trigger for about $105 from Midway.
Adjusted it. It is amazing and was easy to do. I have no travel, light pull. Love it.

jdpenterprises
12-07-2013, 03:46 PM
I have a timney and a rifle basix sav1. Was able to get the sav1 slightly lower safely (1.75 lbs). I'm happy with both, but might favor the sav1 slightly.

moecarama
12-07-2013, 04:41 PM
I am with jdpenterprises on this; have the Rifle Basix SAV-1 and Sharp Shooter Supply Competition trigger. They are both good depending on application sav-1 definately for hunting set at 3# for cold hands but that's just the way I set'em.. It cam be lowered for target shooting.

dc3085
12-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I'll start with the rifle basix trigger and go from there, I've had good luck with timiney triggers too so it's good to hear I can trust their group for the model 10/11. I'm really glad I heard from you guys that have tried more than one trigger group. Thanks again