PDA

View Full Version : Talk to your FFL before having something shipped!

Hotolds442
12-06-2013, 09:11 PM
I just had an action shipped to my well trusted local FFL. I was always able to just send a copy of his ffl in PDF form off to wherever and when he received whatever it was I ordered, he'd call for me to pick it up. Unfortunately for me, since I last talked to him this summer, he's moved from Washington to Michigan. My receiver made the trip from Pennsylvania to Washington to Michigan and now I'm working on having him ship it to another local FFL. This sucks. Had it not been for the person I bought it from, I'd still be here patiently waiting for my FFL to call me. I had another rifle inbound to the same FFL, but I was lucky that the seller was able to get it rerouted.
I learned a lesson on this one! And in the process found out I have an FFL close enough that I can see his house from my kitchen window.
Thank you Mike for the heads up on this one, I owe you one brother.

stangfish
12-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Like a visit to the massage parlor. Happy ending!

Smokey262
12-06-2013, 11:04 PM
like a visit to the massage parlor. Happy ending!

rotflmao!

pdog06
12-08-2013, 06:45 PM
You and I both learned from this deal, didn't we......LOL

Normally I will call the ffl to give them a heads up its on its way and verify the info, but this time just shipped it to the address you gave me for some reason. Chalk it up to just being real busy I guess. Wont happen again I know that.

I was actually really PO'd at USPS when I saw the tracking on this package, and even called and they couldn't give me any reason for the re-route other than, "it must have been mis- scanned at the facility"......Really? You would think there woulda been a record of it being a forwarding address. So I opened a case and a claims person was supposed to contact me within 24hrs to go over it with me.....NEVER HAPPENED!..... Not too concerned about that now that we figured out what happened though.

LOL I shipped out 3 packages at the same time. This one that got delivered elsewhere, one that made it to its destination fine, and then another that was 3-4 days late and kept toggling back and forth from Denver, Co to Boulder, Co due to a snow storm....LOL Following the tracking on it was a joke! Luckily made it unharmed.

Stockrex
12-08-2013, 07:50 PM
I went and bought a few items online and dropped in my FFL from my profile, did not check with him first. We are usually at the firing line at our NRA service rifle shoots. But with the all the curd going on I have not had a chance to even talk to him for about a year.
After a few days I get a call from the retailer that my FFL's lic on file has expired and they need a new one. I call and leave him a few vmails, no response, a week goes by. By this time I was getting a little worried but then I realized that it was deer season in MI.
Call your FFL first BEFORE placing the order :-).

WNY_Whitetailer
12-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Like a visit to the massage parlor. Happy ending!

Wow...I'm using that one. Lol...

BillPa
12-11-2013, 09:07 PM
This one that got delivered elsewhere, one that made it to its destination fine, and then another that was 3-4 days late and kept toggling back and forth from Denver, Co to Boulder, Co due to a snow storm....LOL

A couple years ago it was only two weeks before our antlerless season and hadn't received my cow license. I was getting ready to drive to the Lancaster courthouse for replacement when it finally arrived with a bunch of postmarks on it, one from ELizabethtown, Tenn!:p

When I had my FFL I didn't hand out copies. If someone wanted me to receive a firearm I had them stop by and I would make them a copy.

Bill

quarterbore
12-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Just goes to prove you're not buying enough guns

soutthpaw
12-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Yep just had a shotgun shipped to an ffl I used earlier this year. Got refused and returned to sender cuz he does not have ffl anymore..

broncbob
12-24-2013, 09:15 AM
I always check in with my FFL before I pull the trigger on a new toy. He is a retired gentlemen, so I have to make sure he's not on vacation.

I did have another FFL quit on me, but he did give me 30 days heads up.