PDA

View Full Version : Burris Signature Zee Rings, Nikon scope, EGW Rail

Craddock
12-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Can anyone tell me if Burris Signature Zee rings medium height will work with a Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x42 on a Savage Axis with a EGW rail? Thanks in advance.

Chris

Txhillbilly
12-06-2013, 10:36 PM
They might be a little tall,but should work.
I use them on all of my 50mm scopes,and they are just right,but I also have 30mm tubes.

Craddock
12-06-2013, 10:46 PM
The nikon is a 1" tube. Would I be better off with a different set of rings?

patrolit
12-06-2013, 11:13 PM
I have just been threw this and came to the conclusion that it would be a tight fit, if I remember correctly the Monarch and prostaff have a 44mm Ocular outside diameter. The highs may fit, I did read some where that a member on here tried a prostaff with high rings and the bolt handle hit the side of the scope.

"Search" may be your friend... The member who tried this I think was fgw_in_fla

I do like the sign zee rings, seem a little fiddly to set up.

I ended up ordering a Redfield as it has a 42mm Ocular lens. Not to the glass standard of the Nikon. But I know it fits.

sniper15545
12-06-2013, 11:50 PM
I'll tell ya my experience with the zee rings, There great on a bench gun but as far as my hunting rifles I could not keep my scopes tight with the zee rings. It seems when I place them in the 4 wheeler racks the vibration of the wheeler loosens the rings I would guess due to the plastic bushing inside the rings. I changed all my hunting rigs to the warne maxima rings and have had no problems since.