PDA

View Full Version : 22 rifle shoot ?

acemisser
12-06-2013, 04:32 PM
anyone on here have any idea on how to run a 22 fun shoot...Like what to use for targets,etc.

this is something I want to try to have at our club this summer if possible...I am thinking all

off hand shooting...At different distance's,like 25 yards,50 yards and possible 100 yards..

Or if you know of a web sight that may be of some help..Thanks..John:o

lal357
12-06-2013, 07:49 PM
here is my clubs website look on the right hand side there is 22lr sniper match he shoot from 50 to 200 yards

http://centralalabamagunclub.com/main/index.php

hope this helps

ShawneeB
12-07-2013, 11:24 PM
If it's a turkey shoot sort of event, prizes.. One event everyone enjoyed, shooters, new shooters, kids, I mean everyone was the poker shoot. 2 decks + - stapled face down 20-25 feet. Use your own 22 or one provided. 6 people put $3-5 in a pot, take 5 shots each. More people, run several relays but 6 works fast and enough cash for a nice pot. (percentage to winner/range if you like) Cards retrieved after each shooter, best hand wins the pot. Never seen a mix of people have more fun, spectators get to shoot, sometimes first time.

Fun? Reactive targets. Necco wafers, aspirin, eggs. One time I set animal crackers from costco, safari time and critters are scraps.

acemisser
12-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Fun? Reactive targets. Necco wafers, aspirin, eggs. One time I set animal crackers from costco, safari time and critters are scraps.

these are awesome ideas..I really appreciate it..

J.Baker
12-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Well, if you want a really difficult challenge find something that has a hole in the center just big enough for a .22 bullet to pass through (Life Savers, washers, etc.).

Shoot at 50 yards
10 glued to target per shooter
Zero points for a clean miss
5 points for a hit or break
10 points for a clean bullseye.

Shooting Dum Dum suckers at 100 yards is also quite challenging.

ShawneeB
12-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Ace, you're welcome. Have fun. :p

BobT
12-09-2013, 07:13 AM

At one time somebody was making boards to hold the Dum-Dums. I don't remember where I saw them though. Google dum-dum shoot.

We shot various paper targets at 20 yards from improvised rests, started out as a squirrel gun match and quickly went to 15 pound rifles 36X scopes and match ammo.

Bob

acemisser
12-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Well, if you want a really difficult challenge find something that has a hole in the center just big enough for a .22 bullet to pass through (Life Savers, washers, etc.).

Shoot at 50 yards
10 glued to target per shooter
Zero points for a clean miss

5 points for a hit or break
10 points for a clean bullseye.

Dang,another great idea..I really appreciate this you guys....Our club really needs to make some money.....Getting volinteers
will be another issue...Thanks again...

ShawneeB
12-09-2013, 03:38 PM
That poker shoot game draws people. Take a percentage cut for the range. Introduce new people to shooting. Once I put up a FnFal STG58 style I built on the table for the poker shoot, on bipod and I supplied ammo 5 rounds ea in mags stacked up (when Port was $150/1000 delivered) Lot of people tried that! We made pretty good money for the range on turkey shoots, not just TG either. ANd some other events

acemisser
12-09-2013, 05:40 PM
At one time somebody was making boards to hold the Dum-Dums. I don't remember where I saw them though. Google dum-dum shoot.

We shot various paper targets at 20 yards from improvised rests, started out as a squirrel gun match and quickly went to 15 pound rifles 36X scopes and match ammo.

Bob

If my plans go as I am planning,it will be sporter type rifle only and all shooting will be off hand as well...Scope or no scope..

your choice,no class...All shoot what you brought ...

JCalhoun
12-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Ace, check out NRA rimfire metallic silhouette. I love it! It's totally about shooting off hand.

Also look into the CMP's rimfire sporter.