PDA

View Full Version : Cdi savage 110 la bottom metal

dirtking
12-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Hello,
I was wondering if he makes bottom metal that is specific to staggered vs centerfeed. Or is it just one bottom metal and fit both styles.

Thanks

BoilerUP
12-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Or is it just one bottom metal and fit both styles.

Yes.

Long action bolt spacing is the same for centerfeed and staggerfeed actions, and using AI magazines in the CDI bottom metal makes the staggerfeed/centerfeed difference moot.

dirtking
12-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Hmmm. Intersting cuz i ordered it from midway usa to fit my manners stock and centerfeed action. But wont fit in the stock and mag well looks in the wrong spot. Paper work has savage la staggered feed wrote on it. Not bashing or anything just curious. Btw i like the feel of it and cant wait to finish the build to use it.

Thanks

BoilerUP
12-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Hmmm. Intersting cuz i ordered it from midway usa to fit my manners stock and centerfeed action. But wont fit in the stock and mag well looks in the wrong spot. Paper work has savage la staggered feed wrote on it. Not bashing or anything just curious. Btw i like the feel of it and cant wait to finish the build to use it.

Thanks

Stupid question, but is your Manners inletted for CDI DBM or factory DBM? Jeff @ CDI has told me his metal should fit in a Manners factory DBM inlet.

Also, what does "mag well in the wrong spot" mean?

Post a picture of the DBM and the stock inlet, that might help diagnose things...and Tom @ Manners and Jeff @ CDI have both provided me stellar customer service and if you need them I'm sure they'll do the same for you.

BoilerUP
12-06-2013, 09:03 AM
EDIT: I see on some Midway reviews that another person said they had a similar experience.

CDI's website does not show different LONG ACTION metal for staggerfeed and centerfeed actions, nor was I aware Jeff made such an animal (I've exchanged numerous emails with him over the last couple years about his Savage DBMs and own two).

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong...

dirtking
12-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Well i bought the stock from manners off there stocks ready to ship. It was listed as a blind mag but when it got here the bottom was inletted. I have also heard that the cdi will fit factory inletting with minor or no fitting issues.i have an email in to jeff at cdi also. I will try to get pics tonight.

Marine24
12-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Interesting thread. I have a Model 11 in .223 that is a SA, CF, 4.40" spacing, blind magazine that I'm interested in converting to use CDI bottom metal. Plan is for either an appropriate Manner's T or T-3 stock that is inletted for the CDI bottom metal.

Is it that straightforward? Any other parts required (other than AI magazines)?

Marine24
12-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Talked with the folks at CDI and it appears it is that simple. Bottom metal and two AI .223 Rem magazines heading my way for the Model 11.

Now just need to work on the stock.