PDA

View Full Version : 22 ammo ?

acemisser
12-05-2013, 11:17 AM
anyone know of a site on the web where I can get some 22 rimfire ammo.....thanks.22LR 40gr Aguila Interceptor SP Box (50rd) (http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product1582.html) anyone ever hear of this stuff? any good reports on it ?

:chargrined::chargrined::chargrined:

BoilerUP
12-05-2013, 11:34 AM
You can backorder some on Midway; a number of types (Rem Golden Bullets, CCI 40gr Mini-Mag, Winchester M22) are due by the end of the month.

chukarmandoo
12-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Try E A Brown? They are big on 22's

J.Baker
12-05-2013, 03:44 PM
You'll probably have better luck finding it locally if you have a shop nearby that usually carries it. I've been seeing 22LR ammo on the shelves at the LGS's lately, but still nothing on the major online retailer sites which tells me there are far to many people in this world who won't get off their butts and drive around to look for any locally.

ShawneeB
12-05-2013, 06:08 PM
If you really want some, 2 listings right now on gunbroker. (rifle ammo > search aguila interceptor) You'll pay thru the nose though, $110 a brick shipped. I have a standing backorder almost 1 year old with one of my wholesalers for $2500 of various 22 ammo, lots of it aguila. One other wholesaler actually came thru with some federal, once. Try Midway too, can't lose $ on a backorder and sometimes cabellas CTD, Midway come thru.

I haven't heard reports on interceptor. Aguilla been a good ammo though and one of the few actually gets produced. I've used the 60gr sniper in a 1:9 twist, 38 and 40 subsonics with cans and both the colibris of course. They are a blast, quiet blast.

acemisser
12-05-2013, 07:07 PM
is there a hazmat fee on ammo...I heard there was and then there wasn't..Anyone know for sure.

ShawneeB
12-05-2013, 07:18 PM
I've seen it on some ammo I get, orm-d marked and some distributors just ship it with no sticker. Actual firearm/ammo distributors. A mod posted in off topic about new ammo shipping rules, no one follows it yet. I went to a ship it and asked. 2 months ago they told me orm-d on UPS, not on Fed-x As far as USPS doesn't matter federal shipping rules, they have their own and NO ammo us mail, period. The shippers on Gunbroker, majority ship ground $16-18 Ormd stickers $2-4 if they use it. Couple shippers say bahhumbug to it all and stuff priority mail boxes:confused: Gunbroker zaps you but find about anything. I actually found one or 2 dealers refusing to hog tie you and I got powder shipped under $25 a pound. New IMR 3031, 4895, Unique, red and green dot.

BoilerUP
12-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Supposed to be marked ORM-D but no hazmat fee like powder & primers.

acemisser
12-05-2013, 08:06 PM
around here,it is almost impossible to find any..Everyone seems to be hoarding it or something...

ShawneeB
12-05-2013, 09:49 PM
They are hoarding it. Like when 17hmr first came out cause people thought the round wouldn't survive and wanted a life supply, but that finally eased up. Don't know if this current trend will ever ease up, different reasons. 22's especially scarce, very popular round.

Oh yea, like Boilerup mentioned. No hazmat on ammo.

fgw_in_fla
12-05-2013, 10:16 PM
anyone know of a site on the web where I can get some 22 rimfire ammo.....thanks.22LR 40gr Aguila Interceptor SP Box (50rd) (http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product1582.html) anyone ever hear of this stuff? any good reports on it ?

:chargrined::chargrined::chargrined:

I got 3 - 1000 rounds boxes of that Aguila ammo from cabella's a few years ago. I recall paying around 25 bucks a box of 1000 and it came with a plastic Cabela's gasketed ammo box.
Great ammo. No problems or complaints about it. other than I can't seem to find any more...

acemisser
12-06-2013, 08:43 AM
I appreciate all your replies...As far as driving around looking for it..Well,,,,I call all over and no one has it,so why in hell waste all your gas for nothing....