PDA

View Full Version : The 26 Nosler

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Russell D
02-10-2014, 10:19 PM
I wonder how much Nitriding might help the barrel burning.

I am not sure of a round count, but having it nitrided will without a doubt extend the life of the barrel, keep in mind that the coating only penetrates the surface a small amount!

darkker
02-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Stomp is right-on in his thoughts on this(in terms of false advertising). I did a post about this on another board,with trajectory charts posted as well. The thing that is really funny to me, is Noslers velocity numbers. Ignoring the velocity claims about the new cartridge, the velocity numbers for the other cartridges are notably lower than their own data shows...
I'm all for someone wanting something new and exciting to them, but at least look at your own reloading data first.

Don't pander the sheep by telling them this will shoot so flat that you suddenly don't have to learn your trajectory, or drops. Just be up front, and say the truth; something like: if ultra flat trajectory excites you, this is flatter shooting than several other choices.

n4ue
02-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Just got my issye of Shooting Times. Big cover pix of the 26Nosler. Way too much for anything I'd ever use it for,,,,,,

FYI

ron