PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt tools on sale next 10 hours

Balljoint
12-03-2013, 06:31 PM
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/12/great-4-tool-dewalt-18v-cordless-kit-for-just-189-00-today-only/
Saw this just posted on AccurtShooter.com Bulletin
I have to just droll on this as i have several 14 volt drills and not the money

stangfish
12-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Times like this make me miss the old deals on the web in the classifieds. It was way too much trouble to maintain though.

Balljoint
12-03-2013, 09:29 PM
After thinking about this tool price of DeWalt tools DeWalt is pushing 20 volt tools now and cleaning out stock, iven so this is a GREAT buy.
I have almost the same tools in 14 volt and a charger that will charge the battery's in 15 to 18 minutes.
Ask any questions

thomae
12-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Personal opinion follows:
With the availability newer Lithium-Ion battery technology, I would not purchase a Ni-Cad rechargable battery powered tool. I had a Dewalt 12 volt drill-driver that my bride got me in the early 1990s. It was expensive and was the cat's meow of birthday or Christmas gifts (I can't remember which). However, some years later when the battery died, I had to spend about 60 some dollars for a new one. When that one died, I looked around and then purchased the Rigid brand Lithium-Ion drill and impact driver set. It was more expensive, but came with a lifetime guarantee on the tools and the batteries. Now, I am not a professional tradesman, but i do use my drill a lot. I have already replaced one battery under warrantee. It took about 6 weeks to get the new battery, but I had a second battery to back me up, and I don't use it enough to absolutely need a second battery all the time. The nice thing about the Lithium batteries is that they don't have the "memory" issues that the NiCads had. So, since I didn't have to pay for a replacement battery, I have saved more than the original extra I paid for the Rigid brand over whatever other brands I was considering. As for the tools themselves? I have no complaints and would purchase them again.

I really liked my DeWalt while I had it. Nothing bad to say about it except the batteries don't last forever.