PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum trigger guard?

223DRIVER
02-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Hey guys I was thinking about making a new trigger guard for my 110. Mostly because I don't like plastic components on my rifle. I am going to machine it out of a piece of T6 and then hard anodise it flat black. Just wondering if this sounds like something marketable. Would anyone be interested in something like this.

I'm also looking into making a DBM using an AR 10 round mag, but that's going to take some more looking into.

Bark
02-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Or you could just buy a metal TG,available at most of the parts houses or from SSS if there's other parts from Fred you plan on getting.I have to say that his Comp trigger is a very good part as is his bolt handle.Happy with both.By all means if you do fab one up PM me and I'll grab one as a love trinket for my 110. Old Grumpy

82boy
02-27-2010, 10:16 PM
I believe that there is a market for such an item, but I would say that the market is very small. Back in the old days Savage use to have aluminum trigger guards, they are rare as hens teeth. I have one on my BR gun. SSS has made a few, (They are nice with a radius cut along the top and bottom) mostly for people concerned about weight. The problem is for the cost it would take someone to make one, the factory steel guards are cheap. I will also say that aluminum trigger guards for custom actions are expensive, Bat and Kelby gets $40 bucks for an aluminum trigger guard.

I would say I would be interested in one if the price was right.