PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I Should Get Another Savage Action ?

wlleven
12-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Well, here in Kalifornia as of January 2015 all rifles must be registered like pistols and you must take a test to own one.

I'm just thinking out loud, that maybe I should get another Savage, if not just for the action ?

What is so great about Savage as you all know is the fact you don't need a gunsmith to do your work and the options are endless.

I'm going to scour my local shops to see if any used savages are out there ...

wll

Dennis
12-02-2013, 04:38 AM
wll,

I know things are very different in Kalifornia now. It seems I am reading something every week about your state and firearms.

You didn't state the reason for purchasing another action, but IMO it wouldn't hurt to have another one.

Let us know if we can help.

Dennis

Berniep
12-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I say that more guns=more better.
Get them now so you can build what you want later.

fgw_in_fla
12-02-2013, 09:33 AM
I say that more guns=more better.
Get them now so you can build what you want later.

What Bernie said....
And I would consider keeping things like this to myself. Not for nuthin' but as my uncle used to say - "ya never know"....

Just a nickel's worth of free advice from yer 'ol Uncle Frank.

maxl
12-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Have you considered moving to a gun friendly state, anywhere but commifornia

wlleven
12-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Well, I'm going to look around today for sure, and to maxl's question on considering a move ... yes but my business is here, we are considering moving in the future because of taxes and California laws.

To bad, when I was growing up California was really a great state.

wll

BoilerUP
12-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Too bad the area east of I-5/North of I-40 can't be its own state...

Apache
12-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Just be careful about the politics guys.....so far - so good.

wlleven
12-02-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm looking at short actions, don't think I'll need a long although a long can be used for smaller cartridges also ...hummmmmm

wll

Berniep
12-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Just be careful about the politics guys.....so far - so good.
Yea there was more to my comment but i deleted it before I submitted it:)

Dennis
12-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Yea there was more to my comment but i deleted it before I submitted it:)

Yes, you have to be careful. I live in the Sportmans Paradise, a/k/a Louisiana. That's one good thing I can state about my home. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand other areas, and I guess I will have to stop here.

Good shooting my friends,
Dennis

Phil3
12-06-2013, 01:31 AM
I intend to buy probably one Savage Precision Target Action, and one or two Howas before the new CA laws hit. All the stuff that needs to be added to these will no doubt suck up plenty of money over 2014. - Phil