PDA

View Full Version : Weak ejection

Pages : 1 [2]

Dennis
01-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Check the classified section, FYI

Teancum1
01-29-2014, 11:02 PM
I ordered the SSS "kit" to try and improve a 20 Vartarg that had no eject. The kit was $20 + S&H. Took a month to get here and 15 minutes to install (my first, did it while watching the YouTube video). Very clean extract and eject now. I'm satisfied, though I do like the look of the tail on the new ejector to keep the spring straight. Nice idea.

Kscoggins
09-16-2014, 09:35 PM
I know i am ressurecting an old thread but, where can I buy this 300blk extractor kit? I looked on Sharp Shooters Supply amd Gunshacks website and couldnt find anything.

Thanks
Kevin

Redandwhite_72
09-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Call or email Lisa at SSS. I just bought their ejector and extractor upgrade kit. It was I think $23.50 shipped. It may take her a day or 2 to email you back. They don't advertise it on their website but they have them.

sgt_jamez
09-23-2014, 06:30 PM
I installed it on my rifle and it helped but my ejection isn't 100%.

strafer
09-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Howdy from Sacramento area.

Longtime lurker. Great information!
I have a 10fcp-k in .223 that has always had weak ejection.

After reading posts on this forum, I removed the ejector, and sure enough I had the old style, without the little tail extension to keep the spring from deforming.

I have since ordered a new ejector spring (Savage p/n 103611), a new ejector (Savage p/n 100129), and a .140" dia. detent ball for the extractor (on eBay for $2.77 including shipping).

I hope to report back with my findings after installation.

Thanks to all for the great info on this (apparently common) problem and its solutions.

strafer
10-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Just replaced the ejector, ejector spring, and added a 9/64" dia. extractor detent ball.

Simple removal and re-install--just looked on YouTube for a bolt head disassembly/reassembly video. You actually don't have to do much taking apart or putting back together-just one pin in the bolt head for the ejector. It was helpful to watch the vids anyway though.

My 10FCP-K is now spitting brass as it should. Thanks to all on this forum for the tips. Very helpful.

jonbearman
10-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Send me a self addressed envelope and I will send them out to 10 people.Pm me for my address.I hope I haven't broken a rule here but I am not selling but giving them away. Mine are 9/64th's which I think is the same. I think they come out to 141 ish.

Kscoggins
10-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Got my 300 blk kit in from SS today. New extractor claw and ball detent. Also new ejector spring and pin.

Went from dropping it almost every time to consistently ejecting about 2 ft away. Even slow moving the bolt, it ejected great.

GaCop
10-20-2014, 07:53 AM
I think its marketed as a 300BLK kit because that cartridge has widely known issues in a Savage chamber, and folks shooting that specific round might be interested in something to fix what ails them.

I ordered mine via email with Lisa, and while even that was a PITA that parts eventually showed up.

I bought 3 and have only stalled one so far, in my long action 223AI and it improved things IMMENSELY. Good to know, I'll need one for my long action 223AI, thanks.

GaCop
10-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Send me a self addressed envelope and I will send them out to 10 people. Pm me for my address. I hope I haven't broken a rule here but I am not selling but giving them away. Mine are 9/64th's which I think is the same. I think they come out to 141 ish. Any left?