PDA

View Full Version : want to bed my 12BR

old_dood
12-01-2013, 05:34 PM
but I have a barrel on order at NSS, The order includes one of his precision recoil lugs. should I wait until everything comes in before I bed? I would think the rear of the lug would be the same no matter what lug is on. This is my first Savage bedding. I've only done Remingtons previously.

jonbearman
12-01-2013, 05:51 PM
The new lug should be bedded at the same time at the very least as factory ones are not real flat.

JW
12-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I would wait until I had the new lug and barrel installed to insure free float on the new barrel

Jack

old_dood
12-01-2013, 06:32 PM
The new lug should be bedded at the same time at the very least as factory ones are not real flat.

I would wait until I had the new lug and barrel installed to insure free float on the new barrel

Jack

sounds good, thanks

old_dood
12-18-2013, 09:13 PM
So I asked NSS to send the action wrench, lug, and barrel nut just so I could see about taking my old barrel off before the new barrel got here. No problem getting the barrel off. Cleaned off the threads of the action and the old barrel to go about the procedure of adjusting headspace. Question now is if I should use any king of lube on the barrel threads, anti-seize or otherwise?

sharpshooter
12-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Anti-sieze is not needed, but don't put it together dry. A drop of motor oil or a shot of WD-40 is fine.

old_dood
12-18-2013, 10:03 PM
thanks