PDA

View Full Version : Movie, Zero Dark Thirty

Smokey262
11-30-2013, 11:18 PM
Went to a few Black Friday sales and bought the Blu-Ray version of Zero Dark Thirty, the story of the hunt for Osama Bin Laden. Just finished watching it, and oh my gosh, what an awesome movie.

Parts of it move a tad slow, but when you consider that they had to capture an entire decade of intelligence gathering for the final act it makes it worthwhile.

Now truth be told I like this kind of movie anyway, but in our lifetimes this is right up there with landing on the moon in terms of importance.

If you have not seen it yet I urge you to take the time. It is truly outstanding

Hotolds442
11-30-2013, 11:21 PM
It's on Starz west right now

squirrelsniper
12-01-2013, 12:50 PM
I bought it as soon as it came out on Blu-Ray. The only thing that disappointed me was that I wanted to see at least a few more scenes of the SEALs in the train-up mode leading up to the op itself. However, the movie did a very good job of highlighting the work of all the intel people who are behind the scenes gathering the info so there's a target to go after. No other movie really shows how much work goes on behind the scenes following suspects, looking at video, reading intercepts, and just thinking things over before an op can be put together.

If you're a reader, the book "No Easy Day" is worth the money.