PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: BTVS NOT SHOOTING

Pages : 1 [2]

tomcat220t
09-12-2009, 05:48 AM
Make up your own silencer bud!!Thats too much money to pay for one.The way he threaded and capped the rifle ,there is no way anyone could tell there was any work done to it at all.The cap is perfectly blended in with the barrel .The crown is 11 degree .The thread is nearly full size to the barrel so had to recut and tap the silencer to match .This smith does very little factory rifle work .Nearly all custom rifles so i was lucky to get him to look at it at all .He has built several custom rifles that have won medals in both world and european full bore and .22 competitions .I could have got it recrowned and threaded for 80 euro ,no porblem .My first mistake was not paying enough for a .22 lr day one ,i wasent about to make the same mistake twice, on who to get and fix the little savage .Dont get me wrong ,even though it shoots well now, its still only there abouts as good as a standard CZ varmint .22lr .(fact).That said ,the CZ are top .22lr shooters out of the box ,so im very happy with my humble savage ;D.Thanks for all your help lads .Ill post photos soon.

WaltherP99
09-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Make up your own silencer bud!!Thats too much money to pay for one.

That can get you a stay in federal prison and a hefty fine.

tomcat220t
09-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Things must be very stricked over with your selfs .I guess a permit is needed to use a silencer ?Same a here if so .

WaltherP99
09-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Things must be very stricked over with your selfs .I guess a permit is needed to use a silencer ?Same a here if so .

As Viper said earlier in the thred, we have to pay a $200 tax stamp to the Govt. which in a way, is the permit to own. We also have to have a local CLEO or Sheriff sign off on the from IF we are even allowed to own one in the area that we live.

The stay in federal prison or fines come about when you attempt (and possibly succeed) at making your own. This is if you get caught, of course!

tomcat220t
09-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Now that my btvs is shooting well ,i found that it only likes cci,s !Any other fancy ammo ie.( match ammo ) they are all over the spot still .Has any one had their savage rechambered ?My chamber seems to long for lapua ,rws,and other brands .Would find it hard to live with a .22lr thats so fusssy with ammo brands ,even if it shoots so well with cci,s !Any info. would be greatfull .

lordarpad
12-12-2009, 09:29 PM
you know I have a BTVS on order in Ireland :) You scare me a little ;)