PDA

View Full Version : SAV 2 install

JimFromTN
11-30-2013, 11:19 AM
I purchased a rifle basix SAV 2 for my savage 110 without accutrigger. It came pre-assembled. The video shows how to install un-assembled. Can the trigger assembly be installed without disassembling it? The only thing I see that may prevent from dropping the assembling in is that you can adjust the safety detent.

olddav
11-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Maybe I lack imagination but I don't see any way to install it assembled. On the bright side, it's not that hard. Just follow the video, they show you all the tricks needed to install it. Good luck!

Dennis
12-01-2013, 06:07 AM
I have changed many replacing the accu-trigger. I have never dis-assembled the SAV-2 for this application. In fact it took 3 times as long to watch the DVD than to install the trigger.

The non accu-trigger may be different, I don't know.

If I remember correctly, I remove the rear pin on the accu-trigger and the trigger drops out, I install the SAV-2 and reinstall the rear pin. I test it then adjust to my preference. I took me longer to make the adjustments than anything else.

Dennis

243LPR
12-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Start with it completely apart,pay attention to the video and which springs to use. Then you'll have an intimate knowledge of how everything works. Take your time making adjustments and just a warning,you'll want one for every Savage you own.

FW Conch
12-01-2013, 12:02 PM
I can see it now. Another "buck fifty" going out ????

JimFromTN
12-24-2013, 03:06 PM
I completely disassembled the trigger and I may have damaged the unit so yes it may be another 150 out the door. One of the pins did not want to come out and I had to tap it a bit more than the others to get it out. I think I may have stretched the heavier weight of pull spring when disassembling. It was stuck in the hole that you drop it in. I followed the instructions on the video. I am having issues which may be due to the fact that I may have damaged it, I don't know. The sear does not always catch on the intermediate lever. I have found that the only way to get the intermediate lever to hold the sear is to crank the weight of pull all the way down. With the heavier spring, the only way to hold the sear is to crank it down to 4 lbs of pull which is why I think I may have stretched it. I tried the lighter spring and it needs to be cranked down to 1 lb in order to hold it and it still sometimes slips.

olddav
12-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear that, is something warped or bent?