PDA

View Full Version : Jard triggers.

Pages : [1] 2

RP12
11-24-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm posting to inform you guys and gals of "my" experience with the Jard 1# trigger. This thing is awesome. Creep free, clean break, no over travel, fits perfectly, very light pull weight, under a pound, no bump or slam fires. It probably works so well, because they corrected the relationship of the sear and trigger notch. It does have a black oxide like finish on it, so it's not pretty. It also takes a lot of inletting of the stock, at least it did on a Choate tactical. But it is very well worth the effort to inlet for it. If your looking for a target/bench style trigger, I recommend giving a Jard a try.

olddav
11-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Nothing beats having your needs and wants satisfied by one inexpensive quality item.
I have never used a Jard trigger but your high praise will make me consider one in the future.:cool:

FW Conch
11-24-2013, 02:29 PM
RP12, that is great to hear. Did you "find" the missing spring, did you get a replacement this quick, or did you make one out of an "ink pen" spring? What ever, I love it when a plan comes together! ;-) ....... Jim

RP12
11-24-2013, 02:38 PM
RP12, that is great to hear. Did you "find" the missing spring, did you get a replacement this quick, or did you make one out of an "ink pen" spring? What ever, I love it when a plan comes together! ;-) ....... Jim No my findings were before I lost the spring. I had a bright idea to take the trigger apart to clean the action.:crazy: That's when the spring came up missing. I'm going to call Jard in the morning for a spring.

FW Conch
11-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Well, while your waiting, you might give the "ink pin" spring a try. It has been done buy others on here. Perhaps someone will chime in. If it works, it could be a way to experiment with different trigger weights without messing with the original spring?

RP12
11-24-2013, 02:53 PM
The ink pen springs are to large of diameter to fit in the hole. I have used them in the past on other types of triggers.

FW Conch
11-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Roger that ;-)

RP12
11-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Well, I ordered a new spring, actually I ordered 4 new springs from Jard today. Seeing as my memory is the second shortest thing I've got, I thought I'd better get some spares. I hope I don't need more than that as they are 5 bucks apiece.

dcloco
11-25-2013, 07:20 PM
RP12 - Does your trigger uncock if you pull your bolt back?

RP12
11-25-2013, 08:11 PM
RP12 - Does your trigger uncock if you pull your bolt back?The sear moves forward when I pull the bolt back all the way to set the trigger, is that what your asking ? I have since fixed that issue.

RP12
11-25-2013, 11:12 PM
RP12 - Does your trigger uncock if you pull your bolt back?With the sear spring the way it was, I had to pull the bolt all the way back to set the trigger. I just bent the sear spring open a little to give it enough tension to push the sear forward on it's own. Now it functions just like the factory trigger. The sear spring mod was not in the instructions, but it should be, or they should supply a new spring in the kit that has the right tension.

Mach2
11-25-2013, 11:25 PM
You can find very small diameter springs in cigarette lighters.

RP12
11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
You can find very small diameter springs in cigarette lighters.Yes you can, good thnk'in. I'll check that out, thanks.

RP12
11-29-2013, 02:06 PM
I just checked the pull weight today, with an RCBS trigger pull gauge. 4 oz's consistently. I checked it 5 times from one side of the gun then the other and it broke at 4 oz's every time.

FW Conch
11-29-2013, 07:13 PM
And is this using the 1 pound spring ?

RP12
11-29-2013, 08:51 PM
And is this using the 1 pound spring ?Yup, the 1 pound spring. I was hoping, for lighter than a pound. It doesn't bump fire, but if I beat on the side of the rifle, I can get it to trip. Also I have a hard time tripping it with slam fires. So all in all safe enough for a bench/ target rifle.

dcloco
11-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Mine breaks at 6 oz's out of the box. BUT, this is with an OLD RCBS spring type trigger pull scale.

RP12
12-21-2013, 07:46 PM
I feel I need to eat crow and take my lumps. I had an issue with the Jard trigger. The sear cracked, so I sent it back. It took two weeks to get the new sear. This one is worse than the first one. The sear pin wouldn't even go through the holes with out fighting it through, it was out of alignment, then the sear was off center by at least 1/16", from the trigger notch. I got it together to try it anyway, but it would trip just looking at it and didn't function safely at all. I don't mean to bash the Jard product, but I feel I should fore warn anyone of "my" experience with the trigger. I'm going to send it back to them. Hopefully I will get a refund, if not it's a $100.00 lesson learned.

Smokey262
12-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Can one still use the factory safety with these triggers?

RP12
12-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Yes.