PDA

View Full Version : Mildot Master Question.

wlleven
11-23-2013, 06:35 PM
The bullet drop only goes to 100 inches. At 1000yds most bullets drop at close to 400 inches or more, is the Mildot Master useless for these ranges and only good for a bullet drop of 100 Inches or less ?

wll

wlleven
11-24-2013, 03:00 AM
My late husband, Bruce, was always reminding folks that “it’s all linear.” This takes me back to freshman algebra when we learned that what you do to one side of an equation—you do to the other side. This works for the Mildot Master® also.
For example: (and this is NOT based on any particular ballistic information)
Target Range: 600 yards on left side of MM. Look on the right hand scale—if the bullet drop is 30 inches, the MIL adjustment is >1.4. Now, if the bullet drop is 60 inches (or twice that amount) the MIL adjustment is >2.8. You can also carry this equation to three times: 90 inch drop = > 4.2MIL adjustment.
Therefore, we can conclude that IF you have ranged a target at 900 yards, and your bullet drop is 200 inches, the MIL adjustment would be slightly more than 6 MILS (at 100 inches, the MIL adjustment is slightly more than 3….multiply that by 2 to get the 6 MILS.)
***All bullet drop information is for example only and not specific to any ballistic information.

I hope this does the trick.

Mrs. Robinson
Mildot Enterprises

Mrs Robinson emailed me back about 5 minutes after I posed the question to her, great customer service in explaining the workings of the program.

wll

moecarama
11-24-2013, 07:44 PM
@wlleeen you might want to look at the Schwiebert Precision ballisticards; they will get ya to 1000yds.

Dirty Steve
11-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Bruce was a really great guy. He posted on Sniper Country a lot. It is no surprise that his wife would be very helpful.

JCalhoun
12-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Talk about great times! I bought my Mil-Dot Master from Bruce on Sniper Country. It's easy enough for a dummy like me to use.

chukarmandoo
02-07-2014, 10:42 PM
I just picked one up and if will be a great tool !