PDA

View Full Version : questions for Model 12 LRPV right bolt left port owners

Petermari
11-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Any base/mount issues you want to share before I order? I like the clean look of two pc. bases. I have a Leupold std windage adjustable 2 pc base on my Model 10 FCP. Seems to work well. Not sure if the left side port would cause any issues for it. Weaver makes a low cost 2 pc base #46 that looks ok. How about 1 piece bases? Does the EGW 41000 work ok? Again, not sure exactly where the left port is so I don't know if the 1 pc EGW would be ok. Last one is the Leupold windage adjustable 1 piece. My question is do any of these bases interfere with the left side port? Does the one pc base need a cutout where the left port is? Thanks for your help.

missed
11-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Since you have a left port I would get a left hand action base, I run single piece EGW on all my guns. Like the 41020 series bases. The base just has a little bevel on the edge, and that bevel is on the side of what hand the base is made for. I have had a right handed base on one of my left hand guns since it was what I was able to get at the time and I had no issues with it.

Petermari
11-22-2013, 10:33 PM
41020 is the left hand base for the right bolt/ left port? You're using a right hand base on a left hand/ right port? So, technically either one will work but 41020 is actually intended for the right bolt/left port? So the cut out on the base is for the port and not the bolt?

yorketransport
11-23-2013, 12:15 AM
The left port is on the side of the action and the top is completely solid. I have a 2 piece Leupold base on one of my target actions and it looks very clean. The other one has a 20MOA EGW one piece base which looks good as well.

Andrew

Petermari
11-23-2013, 12:30 AM
I'm leaning toward the Leupold std windage 2 piece base. I think the 2 pc bases just look a little cleaner. The 1 pc left hand EGW base is running a close second. If I do use the EGW I'll probably go with the XTR rings. Thanks again for the help.

maxl
11-23-2013, 03:09 AM
I have 2 lrpv I use weaver 46 on both they look clean and work just fine.

Petermari
11-23-2013, 12:14 PM
It's so nice to ask a question on this forum and get thoughtful replies. No flaming or sarcastic comments. Great Forum. I appreciate the help. Good shooting.

missed
11-23-2013, 12:59 PM
I have the Burris xtr rings on two guns and the vortex tactical on the other gun both great choices.