PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good trigger diagram for an edge 308.

StevenM
11-22-2013, 11:04 AM
I have disassembled the trigger from my Edge 308 and polished the necessary surfaces.

I am now looking for a good detailed diagram or photo of the edge trigger mechanism so that I can see where all the parts go for sure as I do not want to make a mistake on the trigger and make the firearm unsafe.

Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

J.Baker
11-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Put the cart before the donkey aye? Probably should have taken a few minutes to snap a couple pictures for future reference before tearing it apart huh? LOL

Fortunately for you Google is your friend. (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Savage+trigger&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=savage+trigger&sc=8-12&sp=-1&sk=#a)

We also have a couple factory tuning articles in the Gunsmithing section of the main site, but access is limited to paid members.

sharpshooter
11-22-2013, 01:34 PM
The Edge/Axis trigger is the simplest of triggers, and should be self evident. The only thing you could get mixed up is the pins. The long pin goes through the sear, the shorter pin holds the trigger to the action. If you discover an extra spring, it goes between the trigger bracket and receiver.

StevenM
11-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Put the cart before the donkey aye? Probably should have taken a few minutes to snap a couple pictures for future reference before tearing it apart huh? LOL

Fortunately for you Google is your friend. (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Savage+trigger&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=savage+trigger&sc=8-12&sp=-1&sk=#a)

We also have a couple factory tuning articles in the Gunsmithing section of the main site, but access is limited to paid members.

Your response made me smile for 2 reasons -
First I had the same 20/20 hindsight myself as I am currently photographing every step of an engine removal I am doing on a Toyota Landcruiser that I broke :sour:.

The second was that your link attached to the Google comment was in fact a Bing link, but that may just be due to my background. I had spent some time looking with assorted search engines for a detailed image or exploded diagram with no luck, but I had not tried Bing so I will look through all that are there and see if I can find what I am after.
Thanks for making me smile and providing other avenues for me to search.
Steven

StevenM
12-02-2013, 08:07 AM
The Edge/Axis trigger is the simplest of triggers, and should be self evident. The only thing you could get mixed up is the pins. The long pin goes through the sear, the shorter pin holds the trigger to the action. If you discover an extra spring, it goes between the trigger bracket and receiver.

Hit the nail on the head there sharpshooter. The pins were easy to sort out I just cannot see where that last spring goes! Had it apart and back together a dozen times so far. Just a bit thick I guess :p

Steven

StevenM
12-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Hit the nail on the head there sharpshooter. The pins were easy to sort out I just cannot see where that last spring goes! Had it apart and back together a dozen times so far. Just a bit thick I guess :p

Steven

I take it back, 13th times a charm, feeling less stupid already!
Thanks for your patience.

Steven

Mach2
12-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Have you measured the trigger pull since you polished the parts?

patrolit
12-03-2013, 06:10 AM
http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/rifles-bolt-action-centre-fire/2957-putting-together-new-savage-axis

The link maybe helpful. I have just posted that up on a Aus forum I am on. Tiny little spring goes between trigger ass and action. Long spring goes between sear and trigger frame and the trigger spring itself is self explained.

Patrolit