PDA

View Full Version : Grease on the bolt/reciever lugs

Pages : 1 [2]

82boy
03-02-2010, 11:22 AM
would saf-t-eze anti-seize work? it's a nickel anti-seize compound from fine particles of nickel and graphite in a heat resistant lubricant. anyone ever use it?

I guess it would work, but it sure would be messy. My experience is it gets thiner with heat, and if you get it on your clothes it will not come out.

upSLIDEdown
07-28-2015, 12:37 AM
Back from the dead only because I didn't see any other threads about this, and thought I'd see what people had to say now about this subject.

I've been using FireClean, which is a great product, but I'm not sure it's thick enough for this application, and I'm thinking about switching over to a grease for the bolt lugs. Actually was thinking about using synthetic disc brake lube, which is designed for the high temps of disc brakes. I've got a couple different kinds in the shop. The CRC stuff I've got says it contains moly, ptfe, and graphite. I've also got a buddy that says he uses wheel bearing grease on his. Thoughts?

Iowa Fox
07-28-2015, 01:39 PM
I've used Shooters Choice since the company first offered it for sale and the benchrest guys jumped on it. Back in those days I only owned 700 remmys. Nice sticky stuff that stays put, slippery, and cleans off nice when its clean up time.

harrychyn
07-30-2015, 07:16 AM
I have used nothing but All Temp Tactical Lube for the past six years ever since it came on the market. My decision was based off a recommendation by an engineer that is a very good friend that was in the mining industry and was a competition shooter. He used molybdenum grease that they used on the machinery for his rifles. Molybdenum is a key chemical used in and during the production of steel and acts as a lubricant and moisture repellant from my understanding. This stuff will not attract dust and carbon wipes off. Expensive, maybe yes, but then I see people buy $2,000 guns and complain about a $40 bottle of lube that will last a year or two depending on how you apply it makes me wonder :der:, so bottom line for me is it worth it with out a doubt.
Here is the website address for you all to give it a sniff: http://alltemptacticallube.com/