PDA

View Full Version : Barking dogs.

RP12
11-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Why do people think that just because they have a dog, the whole neighborhood wants to hear it bark all day ?:confused:

EFBell
11-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Shoot the darn thing!

Well maybe that's a little extreme.

big honkin jeep
11-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Might want to look out the window and see what it's barking at. Could be the boogyman.

stangfish
11-21-2013, 11:07 PM
I have a yard that borders 4 other homes with a combined number of 9 dogs. 4 of them are non stop. Makes sitting in the back yard very stressful.

chukarmandoo
11-21-2013, 11:45 PM
My neighbor, who has two yappers, left for the weekend and asked the next door neighbor to watch them. Well they just kept barking and I had enough so I grabbed a bamboo stick (that is split a bunch at the end and I use it to keep my dogs in line) and ran over to the fence slapping myself in the leg as I run up to them. Well they went yipping around the house and I was right behind them. They ran through the dog door and I went home. They never came out for the rest of the day or all night. So about 11:00 am the next day I hadn't seen nor heard of ether one an I started to worry that I gave them a heart attack. So I called the neighbor who was watching them and kind of suggested to her she should check on them. She went over and checked and not knowing what I had done called me and said "Oh they're just fine". End of story.

bootsmcguire
11-22-2013, 01:01 AM
My lab is normally quiet, but a couple of weeks ago she kept barking for a good 15 minutes straight. I went out angry to investigate as then I saw what had her attention. A deer had wandered on into town and was feeding in the empty lot behind my shop. Apparently dogs barking doesn't bother that deer, so I watched her for a bit and then spooked her off.