PDA

View Full Version : Replacing bolt handle ?

RP12
11-20-2013, 09:52 AM
My rear baffle/cocking ramp has a slight wear mark were the old bolt handle was riding on it. Should I get a new baffle before putting the new handle on, or am I worrying about nothing ? I don't know if those parts, seeing they wear together should be replaced together.

BillPa
11-20-2013, 10:07 AM
My rear baffle/cocking ramp has a slight wear mark were the old bolt handle was riding on it. Should I get a new baffle before putting the new handle on, or am I worrying about nothing ? I don't know if those parts, seeing they wear together should be replaced together.

Are you talking about the little angle piece on the baffle where the bolt handle lug contacts it? If so its the primary extraction cam. Its a good thing you can see some "wear" marks on it.

BTW, in addition to the lugs and cocking ramp the PE cam should also have a light "wetting" of a bolt or lithium grease.

Bill

RP12
11-20-2013, 01:31 PM
I just ordered a new rear baffle and BAS in stainless to match my new stainless Stockade bolt handle. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore LOL. I also ordered a new locking lug retaining pin and I had to fax them a release of liability note ? Strange.

psipower
01-12-2014, 10:02 PM
What were the reasons for you all replacing the bolt handle? Cosmetic?