PDA

View Full Version : PayPal

buggybuilder
11-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Can anyone explain to me when they post on the "classifieds" that they insist on PayPal. Paypal does not like guns or our sport, so why are we supporting them??!! There have been several items posted that I was interested in but declined a purchase for that reason----good deal or not!!

stangfish
11-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Can anyone explain to me when they post on the "classifieds" that they insist on PayPal.

Personal preference or ignorance. Most people don't know that most online banking has options for sending people money no fees.

missed
11-18-2013, 11:14 PM
I don't care for Paypal, but fast and easy does make it hard not to use. I usually go postal money order.

J.Baker
11-19-2013, 02:56 AM
If they're doing so for the purchase of a complete gun and/or an action (Serial Numbered part) please report the thread using the little triangle shaped button in the gray bar just below the post. I've noticed more and more new members seem to be making this request and I'd rather remove the ad than have a member loose their money and/or have their PayPal account frozen because someone was ignorant of their no guns policy.

PayPal for anything else (barrels, stocks, optics, reloading stuff, etc) is perfectly fine if that's what the seller prefers, but any guns or S/N'd parts are a big no-no.

jpdown
11-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Ebay and PayPal are anti-gun. I was "limited" for life from using PayPal because I sold a box of 6.5mm bullets on GunBroker and the buyer used PayPal to pay for the item. They sent me a notice email and froze all the money in my account, intrest free for 180 days. You were suppose to read the PayPal contract you signed. Now think about them freezing millions of dollars in customer accounts and using it intrest free for 6 months. That is what they were doing. So beware, they do have computers and employees dedicated to the job of scanning for the mention of banded items in any correspondance or transaction. They can and will catch you. I did get the cash in my account released after 45 days. I did a little online research and then called them to ask some questions and mentioned the class action lawsuit brewing over their policies at the time. I am still "limited" for life from using PayPal.

I noticed Ebay banded aftermarket gun barrel sales for several years, but now they allow them again. Funny how money talks and principles walk.

jbjh
11-19-2013, 03:53 PM
You can add Square to the list of payment process companies that are anti gun

missed
11-19-2013, 03:58 PM
I am trying to think of what gun company is setting up a financial payment company to handle the transactions like a Paypal but industry friendly. Maybe it was MC Millan. They got screwed by bank of America and started on this.

din
11-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Anyone try pistolpay?

Dennis
11-19-2013, 10:51 PM
I noticed Ebay banded aftermarket gun barrel sales for several years, but now they allow them again. Funny how money talks and principles walk.

I believe at one time PayPal was totally separate from Ebay. I believe Ebay bought out PayPal and some policies change. The main one is barrel sales are allowed now.

[QUOTE][So beware, they do have computers and employees dedicated to the job of scanning for the mention of banded items in any correspondance or transaction. They can and will catch you./QUOTE]

I CAN TELL YOU THE ABOVE IS A TRUE STATEMENT. My system tracks activity like most other vendor software. I have been thourghly checked twice that I know of. Don't think your smart enough to trick them.

QUICKEN also has a system to pay people. Online banking as stated is very easy, but some like to keep their personal banking information offline.

Sometimes the rules will upset some customers, but as a vendor, and if you want to remain one, you have to follow the rules they set.

It's unbelievable the access you give them to your personal information when you sign the contract. If you ever took a day and read the contract, you might change a lot of things in your finances.

Dennis

Stockrex
11-20-2013, 07:26 AM
I don't use PayPal anymore. I only buy from merchant taking credit card directly. Bought a Kaiser on gb and had to go through anti gun stuff with them.

JCalhoun
11-20-2013, 12:41 PM
I have been using PayPal to purchase gun and reloading stuff for years. No problems yet. They just won't let you buy a firearm.

nrar15
11-20-2013, 08:47 PM
I have been using PayPal to purchase gun and reloading stuff for years. No problems yet. They just won't let you buy a firearm.

I had my PP account closed for life for selling AK mags so it's not just complete guns.

jpdown
11-20-2013, 09:25 PM
The Ebay and PayPal policy's are a lot broader than just buying and selling firearms. There are firearm related accessories (ex. ammunition, bullets, powder, certain firearm part or accessories...) that are legal to order from online suppliers or retail stores, but are restricted by Ebay or payment using PayPal. Review the Ebay and PayPal policy for complete details. If you are buying and selling these restricted items and accepting PayPal payments all you or an unaware buyer has to do is mention a resricted item when making payment and both of you will receive a notice of the policy violation and possible limits put on your account.

Dennis
11-21-2013, 04:30 AM
I had my PP account closed for life for selling AK mags so it's not just complete guns.

This is one policy that may have changed lately. I CANNOT tell you for sure.

I DO know you can sell triggers on EBAY! Figure this one out.

As stated, I know for fact, twice they have gone through my complete inventory.

If I add an item, we will usually call them first to make sure. It's not worth us getting into trouble with them as most people still use PayPal.

Dennis

If you are buying and selling these restricted items and accepting PayPal payments all you or an unaware buyer has to do is mention a restricted item when making payment and both of you will receive a notice of the policy violation and possible limits put on your account.

And their are many who don't have a clue about these policies. I have even dealt with law enforcement personnel and had to explain a few things to them when selling or buying certain items from them!

dwt
11-21-2013, 06:22 AM
Don't use it , Will not use it !!!

DrThunder88
11-21-2013, 07:14 AM
I used to run a hat pin fundraiser on Surplus Rifle Forum and used PayPal as one of the payment methods. It wasn't ideal for ideological reasons, but for the small orders I was dealing with, it was the most convenient. I tried using GPal until they collapsed, trapping quite a bit of money. I didn't lose out as much as some other GPal users, but it was a bit disappointing.