PDA

View Full Version : Bedding an Accustock question

Pages : 1 [2]

chukarmandoo
11-16-2013, 04:56 PM
I have a Savage 10 FCP - K in 308. I'm considering bedding the Accustock and wondered if I need to cut out any of the aluminum block to do this. I looked on Youtube for any videos on the bedding an Accustock without any luck. Can you please point me to information on bedding an Accustock?

Thanks,
Eric

I'm not trying be a smart arse but isn't bedding an accustock like bedding a chassis system? I have an accustock and at this time, with the way it shoots, the only other stock I want to try is a chassis.

RP12
11-16-2013, 06:27 PM
I thought the accustock slightly expanded when the screws were tightened ? Would that not make the bedding separate ?

missed
11-16-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm not trying be a smart arse but isn't bedding an accustock like bedding a chassis system? I have an accustock and at this time, with the way it shoots, the only other stock I want to try is a chassis.

After having accustock I will only deal with stocks that have the aluminum block in them such as the chassis systems, Choate, or Whidden gun works at the top of my list.

As for bedding separation when tightening hardware in an accustock I have not seen that. I bedded a buddies just as an experiment and there was no noticeable difference. But I bet there is some deflection probably not much in the accustock block during the torqueing.

davemuzz
11-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks Dave.

Stangfish, I honestly hope my post came across as complete sarcasm. It was my intent to infuse some humor into this post as I doubt you listen to rap music (But maybe you do…and frankly, some people I know do listen to it as they like the rhyming..some I know like country….I'm just an old rock 'n roll guy myself) and I've never found any of your post to be abrasive in any manor. Funny at times. Asking questions to get to the root of an issue and offer constructive advice…..but no dremel\20 grit sandpaper stuff.

My apologies if I came across any differently.

Dave

davemuzz
11-16-2013, 10:23 PM
BTW, I was reading this thread earlier about the correct way to tighten the accustock. Interesting read as I've never had to remove my action from the accustock….but if I do I will now have to find this post and read the "how to tighten the accustock for dummies" thread.

Here's the post: http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?30260-need-a-little-advice-from

But then, there may be a sticky that has this.

But then, maybe there should be a sticky that says " "Sticky for dummies who can't remember what or where the permanent stickies are located." It could also say like "Man….are you getting old…do you forget where you parked your truck on a daily basis?" But if the forum guys start asking this stuff……I'm gonna have way too many "yes" answers.

Dave