PDA

View Full Version : Savage 99: model 99E extraction problems..

mtnsmith
02-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi, I am having some extraction problems with a Model 99E.. Here's the deal.. If I put in live rounds but don't fire them the rifle extracts fine.. If I fire a round sometimes the first one sticks in chamber and most times its the second round that sticks.. It works the same way on factory loads as well as hand loads..

Here is what I have done so far.. I took the bolt out and lightly polished the chamber, so far that didn't work.. I guess my next step will be to replace the extractor... Any Ideas?? Any feedback would be appreciated..

mtnsmith..................

Mad Dog
02-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Might have a weak extractor, I'd change it and if that doesn't work I'd start to worry about chamber problems.

Primers backing out at all on spent shells?

mtnsmith
02-25-2010, 11:08 PM
No, primers are ok I checked that as well thinking maybe a pressure problem, I also checked headspace all OK...

What chamber problems could be present? A tight chamber? A burr? I checked for burrs and polished chamber first..What do you think?

mtnsmith...............

Mad Dog
02-26-2010, 10:33 AM
If the chamber is o.k. then ya, I'd figure it was the extractor as well. He for a $5 or $10 part it's worth it.

I've gotta get a new ejector for my 99 in 22-250, it extracts o.k. but isn't ejecting. Parts get weak, what can you do.

mtnsmith
02-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks M.D. I went ahead and ordered an extractor...

mtnsmith..............