PDA

View Full Version : Report from the Carolinas!

Nandy
11-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Today marks a month since opening week where I hunt in SC. I have manage to connect with 5 deer, then missed 2, then killed number 6. I have donated the last two to charity and one of my coworkers. Now i am looking for antlers but will be willing to shoot a doe on either sex day. The 7mm rm has done almost all the work with barely any tracking needed. They all died on the spot or less than 20 yards from where they were shot. The last deer that was shot in the neck with the 22.250 being this gun first kill. Now waiting on an opportunity with the 30-06 for it first kill in the current configuration.
Made my first batch of jerky today and it turned out ok. I generally ground the meat to make the jerky but this time I did slice the meat off the hind quarters. 24 hours of marinating and 2/3 of a cup on 4 pounds of meat did not worked as I expected but it is still good. The combo nikon scope broke so it is off to nikon with a note to let me upgrade to a real scope. I used that scope about 25 shots only...

Good luck everyone.